Article Side

Online Article Directory!

Hello Guest! Login or Register to submit articles!

K3 Visa and Green Card through Marriage

By Francis Subscribe to RSS | January 19th 2012 | Views:

K3 visa is a temporary visa that allows spouses of US citizens to come to the US to live with their spouse. You must be married outside US unless the foreign spouse is already in the US and a relative petition must be filled. After the visa is approved a letter will be sent to your spouse requesting a list of documents necessary to obtain K3 visa. You may adjust your K3 visa to lawful permanent residency or obtain an immigrant visa at the consular post in the country where the marriage took place.

To be eligible for a K3 visa you must have the following documents:

Completed and signed form

Passport photo of each person

Copy of marriage certificate

Birth certificate

Divorce documents if there was any marriage before.

K3 visa take 6 to 12 months to be processed and is a multiple entry valid for two years but must adjust status within two years. K3 admits you to the United States for 2 years. A child may qualify for the K4 visa if he/she is a minor, unmarried child less than 21 years of age of a qualified K3 visa. USCIS will usually grant employment authorization in two years increments.

To get a green card through marriage, a foreign national must be sponsored by a US citizen or lawful permanent resident. You must show that there is an existing relationship between the US citizen and the green card applicant. Immigration through marriage is one of the main immigration trends in the United States because many marry immigrants from other countries. A foreign born national become a US lawful permanent resident if he or she marries a US citizen.

The green card through marriage process depends on the country where the marriage takes place and processing time varies between different countries. If you got married outside the United States you will have to go through consular processing in order for a foreign spouse to receive a green card and comes to the states as an immigrant. You will also need to provide a marriage certificate from the country where the marriage took place as proof.

If the marriage took place in the United States a foreign spouse can apply for a green card through marriage in the United States. The green card application will be processed by the US citizenship and immigration services (USCIS). The process of a US citizen spouse takes several months while spouse of a US lawful permanent residents have to wait for years before a green card is issued.

Francis - About Author:
Francis is a professional SEM/SEO,link builder and article writer who writes on different niches.

Share on Facebook Tweet It Stumbleupon this post This post is delicious !

Article Source:

Related Travel Tips Articles Subscribe to RSS

K3 visa and US Work Permit
Published by Francis on December 22nd 2011 | Travel Tips
The k3 visa allows foreign spouse of an American citizen to enter the United States with the intenti...
457 visa and Australia Visa
Published by Francis on January 13th 2012 | Travel Tips
457 visa is most widely used by Australian employers to recruit skilled workers from overseas to wor...
Australian Working visa and Skilled Migration Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
Australian working visa allows international worker who wish to work in Australia to enter the count...
Searching for a visa consultant in ahmedabad? Access yellow pages
Published by Rakesh Kalal on June 26th 2012 | Travel
Internet has always been a great pool of information for every kind of need. Right from the basic to...
Solve your visa problems with Immigration legal professional
Published by Wills Loren on February 16th 2012 | Travel We provide Immigration services most event planners have something directly to the...
F1 visa and Work Visa USA
Published by Francis on November 25th 2011 | Travel Tips
F1 visa is granted to international students who want to attend an English language or academic stud...
457 visa and Working Holiday Visa Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
The 457 visa is the common working visa that is designed to let employers in Australia sponsor overs...