How to get into computer if you forgot Windows Vista password?
When you forgot Windows XP password, you can try to log on to computer by using its built-in administrator account. However when it comes to Windows Vista, the built-in administrator account is disabled by default. So what if you forgot Windows Vista password? Following are some Windows Vista password recovery tips.
1. Through Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery
Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery is professional Windows password recovery software. It can help you create a bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset lost Windows Vista password in minutes, regardless of the length and complexity of the lost password. 100% secure! No any loss or damage to your computer data and settings. Please note this Windows password reset tool also works for Windows 7/XP/2008(R2)/2003(R2)/2000.
To learn how to reset Vista password with Rekeysoft Windows Recovery, please follow steps below:
1. Download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery in any computer.
2. Burn a bootable password reset disk with CD/DVD/USB drive in seconds.
3. Insert the burned disk in the computer you want to reset password of.
4. Boot the computer from the burned disk.
5. Reset forgotten Windows Vista password within a few seconds.
6. Log into computer without password.
2. Through Widnows Vista password reset disk
Like Windows XP, Windows Vista also has a option to help you create a password reset disk in advance, so that you can easily change the Windows password after you forgot it. If you have such a disk, reset your forgotten Windows password as follows:
1. Start your computer and insert the password reset disk in the computer.
2. Log into Windows Vista with a wrong password. You’ll receive an error message.
4. Click OK to close the message. A link named as “Reset password” will appear under password box.
5. Click the “Reset password” link. The Password Reset Wizard will come up.
6. Click Next on the Wizard and follow its directions to reset Vista password to a new one.
3. Through safe mode
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of a computer operating system and you can get into safe mode to fix your problem when you forgot Windows Vista password. Please note that the administrator password is required for access to safe mode.
1. Start the Vista computer, hold your F8 Key while the computer is booting. It will bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu".
2. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.
3. Log in as administrator when a similar logon screen window appears
4. Once you're done in Safe mode, type “lusrmgr.msc” in the Start search box. It will bring up the Local Users and Groups window.
5. Expand the folder titled Users. A list of your Windows Vista user account names will appear.
6. Right-click the user name that you want to reset password of, then select “Set password” option.
7. Type a new password for the selected account, type the password again to confirm it, and then click OK. Then exit safe mode.
4. Through command prompt
If you can still get access to your computer as administrator after forgetting a password on Windows Vista, you can use command prompt to reset the lost Vista password.
After logging into Windows Vista as administrator, you do as follows:
1.Type “cmd” in the Start search box and press enter. You’ll see the cmd icon.
2. Right-click on the cmd icon and choose Run as administrator. It will bring up the command prompt.
3. Type “net user” in the command prompt and press Enter. It will list all the user accounts on the Vista PC.
4. Type “net user xyz 123” and press Enter. (xyz refers to your target user account name and 123 is the new password). It will change the password of the user account “xyz” to “123”.
5. Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter
5. Reinstall Windows Vista
The last choice to get rid of a lost Windows Vista password is to reinstall Windows. By doing this, it will wipe out some of your computer data while taking you more time. A setup CD is required for this operation.
Forgot Windows Vista password? Just reset it on your own by flowing directions listed above. Or else you can resort to your friends or computer experts.
Published by Janet Fitch on February 13th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on January 19th 2012 | Software
Published by Maria Gini on April 20th 2012 | Software
Published by David Silva on June 12th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on February 5th 2012 | Software
Published by Ander Winger on April 26th 2012 | Software
Published by Sarina.Lee on February 8th 2012 | Software
Published by Theodore Sumrall on February 13th 2012 | Software
Published by Ander Winger on June 4th 2012 | Computer
Published by Cao Yao on March 9th 2012 | Software
Published by Sarina.Lee on January 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on January 16th 2012 | Software
Published by A Supporter For Http://top100.hodosoft.com/tipard-dvd-cloner-6.html on February 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Maria Gini on December 30th 2011 | Software
Published by Socialweb on February 21st 2012 | Software
Published by Sarina.Lee on January 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Samantha Kirk on March 28th 2012 | Computer
Published by Sarina.Lee on February 23rd 2012 | Software
Published by CharlesDevis on January 19th 2012 | Software
Published by Max Webstar on February 17th 2012 | Computer