How to carry out windows password reset with ERD Commander
If you forget Windows password or need to log in to a user account you don't have access to, reset the password using the computer's administrator account. Logging in to the administrator account will allow you to reset the current lost Windows password of user account and set a new one.
Or if you have Windows password disk, you can easily reset your password with several steps.
But Windows password reset talked in this article is applicable to following conditions: you have only one enabled administrator account in the system for which you've lost the password, and you don't have a password reset disk.
ERD Commander is part of the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, which can boot into a diagnostic environment on a down PC using many recovery functions and tools, including resetting windows password, removing a hot fix, viewing Event Logs, and changing critical OS settings.
Follow below steps to implement Windows password reset.
Part 1: Create ERD Commander Boot CD
1. Download and install Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset.
2. Burn the erd.iso file in the folder: C:Program FilesMicrosoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset to a CD. A burner is a must. Then an ERD Commander Boot CD is created.
Note: You should have admin right to do the above procedures.
Part 2: Boot from the CD
3. Insert the created ERD Commander Boot CD into your target computer and start it.
4. Boot the computer using ERD Commander Boot CD. You may have to set the boot order in the BIOS first.
Part 3: Reset windows password
5. Select your Windows system from the list.
6. From the ERD Commander Menu (Start menu), click System Tools and choose Locksmith.
7. Select the administrator account from the list for which you want to reset the password.
8. Type the new password and confirm it, click Next and click Finish.
Note: Locksmith could not reset domain admin password.
Locksmith is a tool that can be used for local user account's password recovery even when they have been lost or forgotten, which is very handy in consumer repair scenarios, but not overly useful in the corporate environment due to its inability to perform password reset on domain accounts.
This windows password reset way is very easy to handle with. Resetting windows password by Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery is also a simple task, with similar operation steps. What's more, it could reset password for domain server. Try it now if you have interest!
Published by Janet Fitch on January 2nd 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on January 19th 2012 | Software
Published by Sarina.Lee on January 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on February 20th 2012 | Software
Published by Ander Winger on May 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on January 16th 2012 | Software
Published by Sarina.Lee on January 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Cao Yao on March 9th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on February 13th 2012 | Software
Published by Janet Fitch on February 5th 2012 | Software