Lose up to 30 pounds with Detox Diet
A Detox diet is a special diet which is used to make a change in the consumption habits of an individual by detoxifying the body of the harmful toxins and contaminating substances. Detox diets help in improving the overall health of a person by bettering the digestion, mental state, immunity and quick weight loss. A proper detox diets can help a person lose 30 pounds within a few weeks.
The modifications required for a detox diet include fasting with juices and increased water intake, restricting the calorie intake and using herbal detox methods or a master cleanse called lemonade diet. The general idea is to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables and avoiding alcohol and smoking.
Here is a list of foods that should be taken in a detox diet:
• Fruits: Eat fresh fruits or take fruit juices. These include Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Peas, Raisins, Mango, Kiwi, Strawberries, Guavas, and Melons etc. Fruit juices should be natural and should not contain sweetening agents.
• Vegetables: Fresh vegetables or cooked with least amount of fat are the best. These should include Carrot, Onions, Turnip, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Corn, Leeks, Broccoli, Tomatoes and Cucumber etc.
• Natural yogurt
• Garlic, Ginger and Fresh herbs will prove to be very efficient.
• Beans and Lentils: Beans that are canned in water or dried are most beneficial. These include Red Kidney Beans, Haricot, Black Eye Beans, Red, Green and Brown lentils.
• Potatoes in controlled quantities.
• Drink Herbal and Fruit teas 4 to 5 times a day.
• Eat Brown Rice
• Fresh fish: All types of fishes and especially Salmon are very beneficial. Fresh fishes that can be good include cod, mackerel, lobster, crab, trout, tuna, prawns, red mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, and swordfish.
• Unsalted nuts: Almonds, Cashew, Hazel Nuts, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Pistachio are good if taken in small quantities.
• Unsalted Seeds of Sunflower and Pumpkin
• Plain popcorn without sugar or salt
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
• Ground Black pepper can be used on fruits and other dishes.
• Honey in limited quantities.
• Drink Eight ounces of tap or mineral water a day to dilute the toxic materials.
Besides these, here is a list of foods that should be avoided to increase the detoxing rate:
• Red Meat
• Butter, Milk, Cheese
• Eggs, Chocolates, Cakes, Candies etc.
• Tea and Coffee
• Carbonated Drinks
Published by Fitness Watcher on May 18th 2012 | Health
Published by John Smith on December 5th 2011 | Health
Published by Jack on April 15th 2012 | Health
Published by John Smith on December 3rd 2011 | Health
Published by Fitness Watcher on May 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Samantha Kirk on March 8th 2012 | Health
Published by Fitness Watcher on January 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Makjonson on February 15th 2012 | Health