Life expectancy of people with bone marrow cancer
Bone marrow cancer is mainly caused because a tumor is formed within the bone structure. This specifically affects the bone marrow which is a spongy and soft tissue inside the bone. The life expectancy with bone marrow cancer depends on several factors.
1. Development of bone marrow cancer is considered to be a risk for lifetime
2. The probability of African-Americans to develop this type of cancer is 30percent more than that of whites.
3. The treatment of most of the cancers is possible if diagnosis is done at early stages
4. The prognosis of bone cancer depends on various factors such as severity of cancer, stage of cancer, damage to the body, the age of the patient, the kind of treatment and the overall health condition.
5. There are various factors such as age, sex, race and overall health of a person. The time span for which the symptoms were experienced by the patient as well as the kind of treatment used will also determine the life expectancy with bone marrow cancer. The life expectancy will also depend to a great extent on the spread of cancer and stage of tumor formation.
6. Bone marrow cancer basically refers to a situation in which a clotting is formed by cancerous tumors. They form a lump inside the bone marrow. Gradually, the cancerous cells will spread to other parts of the body as well. The diagnosis is in the form of stages of bone cancer. if the first stage is not recognized as a life-threatening condition, the 2nd and 3rd stage will point towards extreme situations.
7. The life expectancy of bone marrow cancer can be evaluated by various methods. There are 3 main stages of bone marrow cancer. The first stage will consider the albumin level which is equal to or greater than 3.5. Here, the life expectancy is 62 months after diagnosing the cancer. In stage 2, the life expectancy of cancer is 44 months after diagnosing it. The life expectancy is very low at the stage 3. It is only 29 months.
8. Thus, one has to be properly aware of various signs and symptoms of bone marrow cancer. Some of them will include bone pain, bone collapse, bone pain, excessive weakness and subsequent increase in the levels of calcium in blood due to bone breakage. This may also cause infections, frequent headaches, confusion and vision impairment.
Thus, one must be aware of the life expectancy with bone marrow cancer.
Published by Annphilip on March 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Pete Jameson on July 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Vidiya on December 19th 2011 | Health
Published by James Blee on April 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Rockeysheen01 on January 9th 2012 | Health
Published by Vidiya on December 22nd 2011 | Health
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on June 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Vidiya on December 16th 2011 | Health
Published by Internet Marketing on January 18th 2012 | Health
Published by Jason Ausie on December 6th 2011 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on April 14th 2012 | Health
Published by Vidiya on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Vidiya on December 20th 2011 | Health