Tips and Tricks of Using Joomla
Joomla as an open source system has attracted immense crowd of web developers with its ease of use and extendability. It also gains users as it is available for free. It is more of user friendly software and installation is found simpler by advanced users. This nature helps the web developers and designers to use joomla in an inane manner to create sites. While using a Joomla either being a joomla hosting company or a user you need to consider facts and features to use it more efficiently.
How to put in a new language in Joomla 1.5
Installing a new language in Joomla 1.5 version is not hard as eating a stone but as easy as chewing a gum. It’s a simple three step process.
• Download the language pack that you wish to install
• After you download you can install it from your admin area > Extensions > Install/Uninstall.
• You can then set the newly-installed language as your default language from Extensions > Language Manager. From there, you need to tick the check box near it and then click the Default button placed at the top-right Joomla list of options.
How to install module/plugin in Joomla 1.5?
The installation of any component or plugin or module that features Joomla extendability is also an easy process.
• Download the plugin or module you need to install and go to admin admin area > Extensions > Install/Uninstall
• A section called upload package file appears and that is where you need to browse for the downloaded document and click upload file and install. Now you are done with the installation
The modules and plugins are not version compatible and hence modules designed for Joomla 1. 0. x cannot be installed in Joomla 1.5. It can be done in cases where Legacy mode is enabled.
How to change the title in Joomla 1.5?
The page title you encounter while using Joomla 1.5 is “Welcome to the Front page” and it is the default one. There are options provided in Joomla 1.5 to make changes to the page title.
• Choose admin area > Menus > Main Menu > Home > Parameters - System > Page Title and type in the new page title to be saved.
How to enable/disable the login form in Joomla 1.5?
Some feel that having a login for any application is a secured feature and would like to have one. This makes sense while using a public or office system. While using a personal system, filling in the login form each time may seem to be annoying for the user. So they may wish to disable this form. This is possible with Joomla.
• Choose admin area > Extensions > Module Manager
• You will find a filter where you can type login and click on Go. Once you do this you will see the login module which you can enable or disable by clicking the check box or leaving the box unchecked.
Doing all these simple steps doesn’t require high technical skills but a little research. This is why Joomla is believed to be a user friendly open source application and used by surplus web developers. The availability of good joomla hosting companies that even provides free joomla hosting services has increased the usage of joomla.
Published by Philip Fransis on March 20th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Garima on April 18th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Kendrafowler on February 1st 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Larry Williams on December 31st 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by David Dunbar on July 27th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Brijesh on July 22nd 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on April 5th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Sarwan on December 22nd 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on May 10th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Albern Brooke on December 30th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Garima on June 5th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 19th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Larry Williams on January 9th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 13th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 28th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Jacob M Taylor on December 16th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Leesa Rey on June 14th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on February 10th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Preeti on January 21st 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Shiv Kumar on December 15th 2011 | Web Hosting