10 Best Home Remedies to Treat Hangover
Hangover gives you a repenting feeling that you should not have had high amounts of liquor in the party last night. Your head suffers from band-like headache and your stomach feels bloated. There are medications for it, but generally do not let you overcome the feeling. We recommend you suggesting a few home remedies that are safe and effective. These not only treat the feeling of hangover, but also prevent you from hangover beforehand if taken in time. Drinking in limits is always one option! Here are 10 best home remedies that can be used to treat and prevent hangover.
1. Early morning walk provides fresh air to your body and senses. It increases the amount of oxygen in your blood, that, in turn, helps in quick absorption of alcohol.
2. To prevent hangover, one best measure is to dilute your drink as much as possible. It will not only decrease your overall alcohol consumption, but also increase the amount of water in body to absorb the alcohol in less time. Intake of large glasses of water in between drinking sessions is also highly recommended to prevent hangover.
3. Consuming two big teaspoonfuls of pure honey before taking alcohol reduces the chances of hangover, as it neutralizes the effect of alcohol on body and prevents the feeling of hangover. You can also take it after drinks, in case you forgot it earlier.
4. Eat thick slices of cucumbers with salt on them. It gives a cooling affect to the stomach and also helps alleviating the body pain resulting from hangover.
5. It is recommended to eat more while you drink. Avoid fried and sticky foods. The more you eat while drinking, the less are chances of you suffering from a hangover. Eating more reduces the rate at which alcohol enters into the bloodstream.
6. Drinking a full glass of lukewarm milk with two teaspoonfuls of honey into it slows down the process of alcohol absorption in body. This remedy is recommended to be done before drinking session.
7. Consume a two glasses of orange juice empty stomach when you wake up with heavy head. Add sugar to taste.
8. Boil 7-8 slices of ginger in one glass of water. Let it cool. Add one-half lemon juice and 3-4 teaspoonfuls of honey to it. Sip in slowly.
9. A mixture of thick banana shake and 2-3 teaspoonfuls of honey give a feeling of relief to stomach. Hangover subsides within an hour.
10. Consuming a cup of hot and strong coffee to remove dizziness and increase alertness.
Bentonmorgan - About Author:
If you want to get rid of your cough browse a collection of simple home remedies for cough.Learn Simple and Best home remedies for hangover to be done at home.
For more detail read my blog Bentonmorgan's Blog.
Published by Makjonson on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Joshua C Kozak on April 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Rockeysheen01 on January 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Whitney on July 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Mike Bate on May 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Annalopez on March 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Julia Roger on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Peter Wilson on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Johngilsons on February 28th 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Maryam Keon on December 26th 2011 | Health
Published by Makjonson on February 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Mary Porter on July 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on April 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Emiley David on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by James Blee on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Harold Spencer on June 6th 2012 | Health