Ask a Personal Injury Law Expert - Something About Dog Bites
There are almost 75 million dogs living in the United States as of the moment and instances of dog bites are here every now and then. The more dogs the entire country has, the more cases of dog bites take place. In the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there is an estimate amount of 4.5 million dog bite cases annually.
Tell you more about dog bites
Once you have been bitten by a dog, the health risks are very high. The more dogs society has, the greater the risks. Children between 5-9 are those who have the highest risk of acquiring dog bites since these are the ages of enjoying your childhood.
First aid tips for dog bites
As soon as you or your relative have been bitten by a dog, here are a number of the dog bite home remedies and first aid tips that you may want to do:
1. Using clean and fresh water, wash the wound extensively with soap preferably anti-bacterial soap. Ensure that you wash the surrounding area at the same time.
2. Cover the wound with a sterile wound dressing. If the bleeding is severe, make an effort to elevate the wound and employ direct pressure to discharge blood. If bleeding is uncontrollable make sure that you've called an ambulance or ideally bring the patient to the closest dog bite clinic or medical center.
3. If the risk of infection becomes higher, or the wound looks serious, seek medical advice quickly. The professional might ask you to get anti rabies vaccination as soon as feasible to prevent further complications.
Precisely how does your personal injury law expert help you on dog bite cases?
Every state has regulations on dog bites and every dog bite laws change from state to state. You will find three kinds of dog bite laws that's been widely regulated and followed all through the entire various states of the US.
1. Strict liability laws - if you and your personal injury lawyer came from the states of California, New Jersey and Ohio. This is actually the same law that your states are regulating, strict liability states that you simply as a dog owner are accountable for every bite that your dog has made. Having said that, there are few restrictions for trespasser, veterinarians and if someone has provoked the dog including hitting it with a stick or any kind of material that can make the dog angry.
2. One bite laws - if you and your personal injury lawyer came from Texas or Virginia, this is the same law that your state is implementing. This law states that your dog gets one “free bite” and you’ll be liable for the second and the subsequent bites he’s going to make.
3. Negligence - All of the states carry out this law as well. This suggests that you as a dog owner can be held accountable for the injuries your negligence acts lead to. With regards to dog bites, you will probably be held responsible if you let your dog run freely and has bitten someone. You will likely be also be held responsible if you know that your dog is extra excited and you did not make any responsible acts about it, or your fence isn’t safe enough that your dog has bitten someone.
You'll want to take into account that once you have adopted a pet, whether it's a dog or a cat or whatever animal it is, you will likely be held accountable for everything that he will do. Much like having a kid, you will likely be held responsible for all the things that he will probably be doing. Remember that as an owner you have to develop the discipline in your dogs in order that dog bite cases like these won't ever happen.
Published by Saratremellaw on December 16th 2011 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 15th 2012 | Business
Published by Paxton on February 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Dimitri Kontou on December 23rd 2011 | Business
Published by Louise Carala on August 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Atul Sharma on April 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Paxton on February 1st 2012 | Business
Published by Abhay on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Govindsingh on June 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Maria McBell on June 4th 2012 | Business
Published by McKay on July 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Socialsecurity36 on May 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Socialsecurity36 on May 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Saratremellaw on January 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Parramattacitylegal on December 12th 2011 | Business
Published by AGLawNYC on August 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 10th 2012 | Business