How to Prepare for Your Consultation with a Staten Island lawyer
It is a good idea to go into your initial consultation with your Staten Island lawyer prepared to discuss your case in detail. The more preparation you do before the meeting, the easier it will be for the lawyer to understand your case and come up with a plan to move forward in resolving your legal issues. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for a consultation with a Staten Island lawyer, and how to hit the ground running with your case.
1. Bring all documents that are related to your case. At this point, it is best to bring photocopies of the documents, especially if you are not fully committed in your decision to work with the Staten Island lawyer after the initial consultation. Important documents to photocopy include medical records, police reports, physicians’ notes, any documents from previous lawyers handling the case, and any other information pertaining to your case.
2. Before the consultation, outline your case so that you are better able to discuss it with the Staten Island lawyer. Ask yourself the basic questions: who, what, where, and when? Try to be as detailed as possible with your answers so that the lawyer will have a full picture of your legal matter. Dates are especially important with legal matters, as they often will affect future court dates. While outlining your case, be as honest as possible. If you are worried about revealing sensitive information to the Staten Island lawyer, remember that the lawyer is bound to client-lawyer confidentiality by law.
3. After you prepare the outline of your case, it is likely that questions about your case for the Staten Island lawyer will arise. Ask questions about legal matters, terminology, and processes. It is important that you understand the proceedings so that you can fully comply with your Staten Island lawyer for the duration of your case. You should also ask questions about the lawyer’s office and staff. Inquire about such things as the number of paralegals who will work on your case, and who to contact with questions about your case.
4. Listen to the Staten Island lawyer and the advice that he or she offers. If the lawyer is an experienced and well-established lawyer, he or she will be able to provide you with information and instruction about how to proceed with the case.
5. Finally, while at the consultation with the Staten Island lawyer, discuss legal fees and payment options. If you are content with the arrangement after your conversation with the lawyer, be sure to get the agreement in writing and retain a copy of that agreement for your personal records.
These tips will help you to prepare for your initial consultation. Remember to ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable, to read all documents carefully before signing, and to keep a copy of all documents for your personal records.
Angiuli and Gentile, LLP is a full-service law firm with offices located on Staten Island. The firm is compromised of a talented team that has the expertise and experience to help you with your next case.
AGLawNYC - About Author:
The firm’s dedicated team of Staten Island attorneys has provided exceptional service to all clients for over twenty-five years. For more information about Angiuli and Gentile, LLP, and to learn how their team can assist with your next case, log on to www.AGLawNYC.com.
Published by Dimitri Kontou on December 23rd 2011 | Business
Published by Lovy Crusain on May 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Atul Sharma on April 4th 2012 | Business
Published by McKay on July 6th 2012 | Business
Published by McKay on April 17th 2012 | Business
Published by McKay on May 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Govindsingh on June 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Paxton on February 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Saratremellaw on December 16th 2011 | Business
Published by Abhay on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Anthony Mckeown on December 10th 2011 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Socialsecurity36 on May 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Mchenry1 on January 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Saratremellaw on January 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 15th 2012 | Business
Published by Clarence on March 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Parramattacitylegal on December 12th 2011 | Business