Is a diesel car better than petrol car?
Purchasing a new vehicle now mainly revolves between choosing taking a vehicle with diesel fuel or petrol engine. This has become a primary concern with the rising fuel prices. But the fact cannot be denied that the models powered by petrol cost less from the pocket, it is difficult to figure out which costs more money in the long haul.
There are many factors that need to be taken into account such as the overall running costs of petrol and diesel cars, including the fuel price, service bills and the mileage.
• The fuel efficiency varies from car to car. Not every diesel vehicle is efficient to petrol car. It is an assumption that a diesel trim vehicle is more efficient to petrol powered trims, but the petrol version is less expensive of the two. The petrol powered car costs less determines the break point.
• On the contrary if, you put fewer miles implying that it will work on the fuel savings to the petrol version. While, people racking thousands of miles may find the diesel car to be more favorable.
• Diesel is better and is believed that the amount you spend on diesel turns to be cost-effective when you travel long journeys. But, while buying the diesel car is expensive. Moreover, the servicing needs to be regular adding to servicing charges. Now in this contrast, the petrol engines are better as they require less servicing.
• Diesel car has lots of torque and better is the fuel economy. They are also robust and hard wearing. Diesel engines do not require spark plugs as they use air compression, while petrol engine make use of air mixture and fuel. Diesel cars show a slow rise than the petrol version.
• Lorry and trucking firms consider diesel to be favorable to petrol owing to the torque advantages and the more miles it offers, but petrol engine gives quick start and less maintenance. However, with the increase in diesel costs, truckers need to consider the change.
The reason for stating diesel or petrol cars are better depends on the needs and circumstances. Hence, it is best to sit down and figure out the need and get the one that suits your lifestyle, need and saves money down the road.
Auto Infoz - About Author:
Mike Nielsen is a Car expert having 11 years of experience in the automotive Car industry currently working at AutoInfoZ.Com. He always writes artcles on New cars India, cars in India, Skoda Rapid cars etc.
Published by Ricky Martin on May 2nd 2012 | Auto
Published by Chris Adam on December 16th 2011 | Auto
Published by Amanda Mattcutt on January 25th 2012 | Auto
Published by Ricky Martin on December 14th 2011 | Auto
Published by Julia Bennet on January 11th 2012 | Auto
Published by Amit Sachdeva on March 15th 2012 | Auto
Published by Virali on December 28th 2011 | Auto
Published by Ricky Martin on August 8th 2012 | Auto
Published by Sahil Wadhwa on July 20th 2012 | Auto
Published by Mike Nielsen on November 27th 2011 | Auto
Published by Yogita Bali on April 4th 2012 | Auto
Published by Julia Roger on January 4th 2012 | Auto
Published by Julia Bennet on April 16th 2012 | Auto
Published by Martin Crowe on April 16th 2012 | Auto
Published by Ema Sis on June 19th 2012 | Auto
Published by Simmie on March 15th 2012 | Auto
Published by Hayden on February 9th 2012 | Auto
Published by Hiteshbhoi on December 6th 2011 | Auto
Published by Dips Dixon on July 9th 2012 | Auto
Published by Hiteshbhoi on December 7th 2011 | Auto