A Quick Guide to PCI Complaint Web Hosting
If you have an online store and accept, process, and transmit credit card payments, you must make sure you have access to PCI compliant web hosting to ensure protection to cardholder data. It is crucial for a large enterprise or a Web startup that stores credit card data to have compliance to PCI web hosting to save your customers from potential hackers. The basic idea of PCI standards is to make sure that everybody who accepts and processes credit/debit card payments online must secure their databases and servers so that the information stays safe while in storage and during processing.
>> The Need for PCI Compliant Web Hosting
Every online merchant must show compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to ensure safety of the sensitive information of their customers shared on various public and private networks. By doing so, companies can save themselves from legal or financial liabilities because of non-compliance to PCI DSS.
A skilled PCI web hosting provider can help you ensure the long-term security and stability of your networks while allowing you to benefit from a highly secure IT infrastructure compliant with the established industry standards. This reduces the risk of all kinds of security concerns that might affect the smooth functioning of a business and help increase its bottom line.
>> PCI compliant web hosting can save a business from:
• Damage to company reputation – Loss of customer data can deal a heavy blow to your business reputation, and impact brand perception.
• Erosion of customer loyalty – A business without a loyal customer base cannot expect to succeed in the long run. Any customer data loss or breach can result in loss of customers’ confidence and loyalty to the organization.
• Lawsuits for non compliance with established PCI DSS standards – Breach of privacy can result in lawsuits against the business, resulting in hefty fines per incident.
• Termination of card agreements – A business that fails to ensure protection to sensitive information of its customers faces the risk of termination of card agreements. What’s more, it may also have to face stringent security audits for at least 20 years.
• Shut down – PCI DSS certified examiners are responsible for investigating business practices followed by a company. And if a business is suspected of having a security breach, it can be forced to shut down its operations.
Your compliance to PCI web hosting services would assure your customers that their sensitive data is safe in a secure hosting environment, where malicious attackers would not be able to gain access. PCI standards can also be used to secure other personal information, such as names, emails, and address.
>> Go For Reliable PCI Hosting Providers
PCI web hosting service providers install the latest security protocols, patches, and management tools to make sure computing systems of their clients are working at optimal levels. The hosts make sure their networks are consistently maintained so that the clients' computing systems are able to handle online traffic both ways.
The PCI Security Standards require merchants to ensure safety of credit cardholder information from data thieves by employing best practices, such as:
• installing firewall, anti-virus software
• maintaining security policy of information systems
• implementing robust access control measures
PCIHosting.com is a comprehensive guide to PCI web hosting and PCI compliance. The website has a range of information designed to make it less overwhelming for businesses to obtain PCI compliance.
Alex Taylor - About Author:
At PCI Hosting, Get all kind of hosting services which includes reseller hosting, hosting provider services, pci compliant hosting, hipaa compliant web hosting and dedicated web hosting.
Published by Ajay Kumar on April 18th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Jacob M Taylor on December 16th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Peter D on December 19th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Kendrafowler on February 13th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 19th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on April 5th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on May 11th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Genevieve Ackles on March 16th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on February 10th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Sarwan on December 22nd 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Preeti on January 21st 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Garima on June 5th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Brady on January 9th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Kendrafowler on February 1st 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 28th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Leesa Rey on June 29th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Smarty Rocky on July 3rd 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Larry Williams on December 31st 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Genevieve Ackles on February 29th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Larry Williams on January 9th 2012 | Web Hosting