Thousands of people travel every day using railways. In order to cater to such a huge volume, Indian railways successfully implemented online tickets reservation through one of its division-IRCTC. Now, one can easily reserve tickets within few minutes. The complete process of getting rail tickets is very simple. Be it Shatabdi or Rajdhani reservation, you can get tickets very conveniently on your door step. The process is outlined below:
1. Register yourself on IRCTC website. Remember the user name and password for future booking of rail tickets.
2. Choose the travel dates, source station and destination station. A list of trains (Shtabdi, Rajdhani etc) will be displayed. Choose the train and check availability and fare.
3. Once train is chosen, you will be directed to payment gateway where you can make the payment through credit card, direct debit etc. If you are in certain categories like defense, handicapped, senior citizens etc, you will be given discount as per rules and regulation of IRCTC.
4. You will be asked to choose i-ticket or eticket
5. I-ticket is similar to ticket obtained from railway counter. You need to book i-ticket a few days before travel. Note the PNR number for future references. The tickets once booked will be sent to your shipping address. You can book these tickets even if they are not confirmed i.e. in reservation against cancellation or waiting list status. For cancelling these tickets, you need to visit any railways centralized reservation counter or online. There is no cash refund option. The amount will be refunded electronically to your account. You can cancel i-tickets even after departure.
6. The other option for booking rail tickets is e-ticket. These rail tickets can be booked even at last stages i.e. before char gets prepared. These tickets are not sent to you address. Rather you can take print out of these tickets. These tickets can only be booked if they are confirmed or in reservation against cancellation status. Carry the printout and identification papers like driving license, voter’s card, and unique identification number etc to show to railway authorities if and when required. The cancellation of these e-tickets can only be done online and should be done before final chart of reserved train is prepared. You can do both partial and complete cancellation as per your requirement. The amount to be refunded will be electronically transferred to your relevant account from which booking was made.
Published by Seoshabd on November 25th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 7th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 8th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 10th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 14th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 12th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 17th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 16th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Travels on June 11th 2012 | Travel
Published by Athar Khan on December 2nd 2011 | Travel Tips