In India, railways are the life line of people travelling across the country. Railways connect most of the cities through its extensive network. Railway reservations can be done through IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited) website. The website address is irctc.co.in. You can check reservation status, train schedule, ticket availability, book tickets etc. You can book among any of the numerous trains connecting different stations including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other passenger trains. The complete process of reservation is given below:
- The first step is one time registration on the website. The registration is completely free and you can choose user name and password as per your preference. Remember the same for all future railway reservations.
- The next step is finding the trains connecting your location to your destination. You need to choose your location, destination and travel dates. You will be shown a list of trains through different routes. You can get details about route and timing by clicking on details. You can change dates to see whether any more trains are available for that route or not. You can get fare by selecting a train and clicking on check fare. Before getting fare, you will have to select class- 3AC, 2AC, sleeper etc.
- Next step is booking which can be done by selecting the desired train and clicking on book. A new page will open displaying the train selected and timings. Make sure that it is the same train selected by you. You will need to fill some personal details like name, age, and berth preference of each passenger. You need to fill children details as well though ticket is not required for children below 5 years. Senior citizens can avail discount on fare and will need to show age proof when boarding train. A final page will be shown showing train details and fare. Confirm it if correct or reset it if any changes are required.
- You will now be asked to make payment. There are many payment options available including credit cards, credit card EMI option, direct debit and cash cards. You can make the payment and ticket confirmation will be shown.
- If you have chose i-ticket, tickets will be delivered to the shipping address. Keep a note of PNR number for future references. If you have chosen e-ticket, take a printout of electronic reservation slip and keep it with you when you board train.
Published by Athar Khan on December 16th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 7th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 12th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Seoshabd on November 25th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 17th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 10th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 8th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Athar Khan on December 14th 2011 | Travel Tips
Published by Travels on June 11th 2012 | Travel
Published by Athar Khan on December 2nd 2011 | Travel Tips