Australia: the Ultimate Bucket List Destination
Do you have a bucket list? Even if you don’t, you’ve probably given some thought to a couple of the things you’d like to do before you die, and it’s just normal. Life is short, and there are so many wonderful sights to see and things to do on this earth that would be impossible to accomplish. Impossible, that is, until they are listed down as priorities before you kick the bucket.
Of all the things you could do and all the places you could visit, which ones are on your list? There are an exponential number to choose from, but if there’s one place that could satisfy them all, it would probably be Australia. Why Australia, you ask? Australia is filled with the most awe-inspiring sights and natural wonders, and isn’t lacking in terms of exciting bucket list-worthy activities as well. If you have doubts, just take a look at our list of Australia’s top destinations and see for yourself how this huge island continent offers all that any bucket list could ask for!
Australia’s Must-see Destinations
1. The Great Barrier Reef, Queensland – Who wouldn’t include diving in The Great barrier Reef as one entry in their bucket list? The Great Barrier Reef is one of nature’s most amazing sights with more than 300,000 square kilometres of multicoloured corals and unique and captivating sea creatures. No other undersea experience could rival the experience of diving in this majestic reef.
2. The Sydney Opera House – If you are a lover of music or architecture, you simply must visit the Sydney Opera House. The Opera House has become symbolic of Australia and combines impeccable architecture with opera, theatre, ballet and all other performing arts in between.
3. Sydney Harbour Bridge – Want to feel the thrill of having a bird’s eye view of Sydney harbour? At Sydney Harbour Bridge, you can experience just that. The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of Australia’s premier tourist attractions and a climb to the top means you get a breathtaking view that’s 134 metres above the harbour.
4. Kangaroo Island, South Australia – Ever wished to hug a koala or hop with the kangaroos? In Kangaroo Island, you can have your chance. Kangaroo Island is a haven for majority of Australia’s wildlife, from koalas and kangaroos to emus, platypuses and Tasmanian devils. Kangaroo Island is where you’ll find all these incredible creatures in their most natural, breathtaking settings.
5. Uluru/ Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory – Considered the world’s largest monolith, Uluru is a sight that needs to be seen to be believed. The gigantic singular rock formation is said to display an array of different colours in different angles throughout the day. Just like an iceberg, most of its mass is buried underneath the ground, yet it still towers above ground at a staggering 348 metres. After a day of excitement and adventure a guided trek around this most sacred aboriginal rock could just give you the relaxation and meditation you need.
These are a just a fraction of the countless sights worth seeing and experiencing in Australia, so when you have the time grab a backpack and explore Australia – before you kick the bucket!
Where to Stay in Sydney
If you’re thinking of starting your adventure in Australia, or simply looking to spend some quality time in the outback, find cheap accommodation in Sydney through Funkhouse. Funkhouse is a Sydney hostel that offers the best in Sydney budget accommodation. It offers clean and comfortable amenities at the most reasonable prices. Best of all, it’s a stone’s throw away from some of Sydney’s amazing attractions including the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Royal Botanical Gardens and so much more. Stay at Funkhouse and have all of Sydney’s finest attractions right at your doorstep.
John Arthur - About Author:
Funkhouse is a Sydney Hostel perfect for backpackers in Sydney who need budget accommodation. This Sydney backpacker hostel is one of the leading hostels in Sydney because of its location and service. Funkhouse is the best budget accommodation Sydney has to offer for travellers and backpackers. If you’re looking for Cheap Accommodation in Sydney the Funhouse backpackers is the perfect location.
Published by Viren Sahi on July 18th 2012 | Travel Tips
Published by Julia Bennet on December 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by Julia Roger on March 19th 2012 | Travel
Published by Stevetickolo on December 24th 2011 | Travel
Published by Dragon Apartments on March 31st 2012 | Travel
Published by Bravocrish on July 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by David Bao on April 26th 2012 | Travel
Published by Edmund Brunetti on December 18th 2011 | Travel
Published by Blossom Dana on January 13th 2012 | Travel Tips
Published by Christian Saveet on February 6th 2012 | Travel