10 Best Home Remedies for Cholesterol Control
Cholesterol accounts for most of the heart diseases you will hear. High blood cholesterol eventually leads to an imminent stroke or a cardiac arrest. There are two types of cholesterols in human body – HDL and LDL. HDL is considered good and essential for body. On the other hand, LDL cholesterol is the bad cholesterol and should be avoided as it blocks the arteries and bars the blood flow.
Medications apart, you can always keep a check on your cholesterol levels with few simple home remedies, which prove to be beneficial in longer run. These home remedies decrease the bad cholesterol and help increase the levels of HDL cholesterol in body. Ten best home remedies for cholesterol control are:
1. Regular consumption of vitamin E prevents formation of LDL cholesterol in body. Recommended daily are 400 international units of vitamin E as a dietary supplement in order to maintain good levels of HDL cholesterol. Vitamin E prevents the arteries from blocking and hardening.
2. Regular consumption of vitamin C increases good cholesterol in the body and also lowers the LDL levels. Recommended daily are vitamin C supplements either in tablet form or consumption of citric fruits like oranges, etc. Even vegetables with high vitamin C content can be taken everyday in diet.
3. Garlic has been world-renowned for its medicinal properties. Regular consumption of garlic also keeps a check on the LDL cholesterol levels in the body. Recommended daily are 6-7 cloves of garlic everyday either in food or wholly to maintain high levels of HDL cholesterol and control the levels of LDL cholesterol. Garlic can be taken in capsule form in case the patient cannot withstand its smell and taste.
4. Skin of grapes helps to keep the cholesterol under control. Grapes eaten wholly reduce the LDL levels and help in maintaining the HDL levels in body.
5. In addition to grapes, grapefruit too is known to have medicinal properties to treat your cholesterol levels. Regular consumption of grapefruit lowers the LDL cholesterol in the body. Whole fruit can be taken everyday for best results. Results, however, start appearing in nearly two months.
6. Daily consumption of only two cups of beans can reduce your LDL cholesterol levels by almost 22%. All kinds of beans legumes are helpful in this condition.
7. Cinnamon tea helps keeping the bad cholesterol away. Regular consumption keeps the cholesterol levels balanced.
8. Boil one tablespoonful of coriander seeds in two cups of water. Consume once a day. Helps reduction of bad cholesterol.
9. Taking 1-2 fish oil capsules daily before going to bed helps reduce LDL levels in body. The omega 3 fatty acids in fish oil help lower LDLs and triglycerides.
10. Water mixed with some onion juice helps maintain cholesterol levels.
Chesterwilson - About Author:
Welcome to the world of natural treatments and home remedies. Cure High Blood Cholesterol naturally with proven home remedies for cholesterol and diet. Learn easy and simlplest home remedies for cholesterol and high blood cholesterol treatments.
For more detail read my blog Chesterwilson's Blog.
Published by Barbara Davis on May 2nd 2012 | Supplements
Published by Annalopez on March 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Harold Spencer on June 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on June 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Makjonson on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Emiley David on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Dion Cole on July 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Whitney on July 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Rockeysheen01 on January 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Makjonson on February 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Julia Roger on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Greame Shaun on June 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Mary Porter on July 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on April 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Maryam Keon on December 26th 2011 | Health
Published by Joshua C Kozak on April 27th 2012 | Health