Several Methods to Develop Your Business with GPS Tracking
A global positioning system, which is simply referred to as GPS is a device that is used to determine the precise location of a person, vehicle or any such asset to which it is attached. The device also records and stores at regular intervals all the data related to the location of the attached asset. This data can be transmitted to a centrally located data base or online via an embedded satellite, cellular or radio modem. GPS vehicle tracking system is highly useful for organisations that own a fleet. At little cost, GPS makes fleet management extremely simple and easy.
GPS has several applications on air, land and sea. You can use GPS tracking system practically anywhere except underwater, caves, building, subterranean locations where it is impossible to receive signals. Although GPS tracking system was first developed for military applications, it is now widely used in everyday life for various purposes such as
• Navigation by commercial aircraft, general aviation, professional mariners, commercial fishermen and recreational cruisers.
• Scientists use it for position information and precise timing capabilities.
• GPS is commonly used by mountain bikers, hunters, cross country skiers, hikers, etc.
• Law enforcement.
• Mapping, Construction and Surveillance.
• To keep track of children, the elderly and vulnerable.
• Animal control.
• Fleet management by rental car companies.
Constituents of GPS System:
The typical architecture of a GPS system is made up of three major components
• A vehicle tracking device that can capture the location and other information related to the vehicle, such as GSM area code, altitude, engine temperature, visibility of the number of GPS satellites, amount of fuel, etc at regular intervals and transmits it to the central server.
• Tracking server that receives, stores and restores data on request to the user.
• User interface determines how the user can access information, elicit vital information and view all the information related to the vehicle.
Although GPS technology sounds complex, it is a simple to use powerful device that can be used effectively for various applications. A GPS system not only makes business simple but will also save fleet owners lot of time and money.
Published by Hemelwasen on November 28th 2011 | Computer
Published by Sherlinandriya on July 7th 2012 | Software
Published by Antony Wilmer on November 28th 2011 | Software
Published by Jamessms on February 1st 2012 | Software
Published by Caitlin Jones on January 20th 2012 | Software
Published by Caitlin Jones on May 16th 2012 | Software
Published by Caitlin Jones on December 29th 2011 | Software
Published by Caitlin Jones on July 6th 2012 | Software
Published by Angel on December 20th 2011 | Software
Published by Tony Smith on March 9th 2012 | Software
Published by Martin Tuner on December 8th 2011 | Software
Published by Angel on July 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Mahesh Lodhaya on August 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Terry Littrell on January 24th 2012 | Software
Published by Caitlin Jones on February 6th 2012 | Software
Published by Maria Getchell on January 10th 2012 | Software
Published by James Blee on June 5th 2012 | Computer
Published by Elizabeth Cooper on March 19th 2012 | Software
Published by Angel on July 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Jay Donaldson on March 29th 2012 | Computer