Tips to Consider in Creating an Effective Landing Page
Creating an effective landing page is crucial to your professional SEO and social media campaigns as it can significantly increase the conversion of new visitors into leads or sales as well as improve your marketing ROI which is the ultimate goal of an online business.
There are lots of ways to consider if you want to make your landing page a huge success and here are some of them:
1. Make it Relevant. Make sure to instantly show relevance to help visitors achieve that goal as visitors usually arrive on landing pages with a directed goal or intention in mind. This means that if your website is into promotion of some product or service, your landing page content should show content that is related to such a product or service.
Make sure that the navigation on your landing page answers basic questions that the customer has about the company such as “Who are you?”, “What do you do?”, “Where are you?” “Do I trust you?”. Have a standard menu option such as “About Us” or “Contact Us” as adding these details can help you provide better information about your company.
2. Keep it Simple, Short, Clear and Focus. As users nowadays usually only scan and skim content to get want they want. You need to keep your landing page very focused and attractively simple. You must assist your visitor to your landing page to digest what you are offering quickly and easily. You can do this by using short paragraphs and bullet points.
Make also your information short, clear and very precise. Be very specific. Because visitors do like to read many paragraphs of content when they just come to your site, you must keep your focus and write only what is very important for your site.
3. Have Strong and Clear Headlines. The headline is one of the first lines which can draw the attention of any visitor as well as one of the deciding criteria of visiting your website. You must make sure that your headline shows relevance and engages the visitor to scan down the page. Make your headlines strong and attention-grabbing, enticing visitors to be curious, making them visit your website with special interest. Use some emotionally driven keywords which will drive them to make purchases from your website.
4. Be Clear and Specific. Show to your visitors that they have selected the right place to find the brand, product, deal, information or experience they are looking for. Put language at the top of the landing page that tells your visitors that they've landed in the right spot. This will remove the first question that any visitor understandably has.
5. Provide Multiple Calls to Action. Make sure to have links at the top, bottom and in between. Have cues in the form header to direct attention to the call to action. In this way, you make it easy for visitors to take action whenever they're ready.
6. Make your Layout Design Simpler and Cleaner. Use larger fonts as they tend to give better response. Reduce number of colors and text sections on the page. Make use of bullets and only a few font variations with cues in the form header to direct attention to the call to action. Make your content is readily scannable. Choose the right headlines. Have panels that draw the eye to the different areas. You can also make use of images thoughtfully, including a preview thumbnail so visitors know what they will be receiving when they fill out the form.
7. Provide Enough Detail to Support the Response Decision. Make sure that your landing page generates response. Provide enough detailed information, answering all necessary basic questions, so that visitor can decide to signup. Make sure that your technical product descriptions make sense and are easily understandable.
8. Check Multiple Landing Pages. Test the different variables of your landing page. Do a test on the length of your copy. In this way, you will be able to find out if you need your copy to be short or long as there are visitors who might not pull the trigger without knowing more.
9. Make Use of Meaningful Graphics. Make sure that your graphics are consistent with the campaign and generate empathy for the audience. Use quality graphics as stock graphics rarely work.
10. Follow Eye-Tracking. Make sure that you format your page according to how most of your visitors look at your landing page. Make sure that visual cues help your visitors advance down the funnel to the call to action.
Now that you’re familiar with creating an effective landing page, you can start implementing these strategies on your site. However, if you feel that doing this is outside your expertise, then you can ask assistance from a reliable Search Engine Optimisation Company that includes this work on their offered SEO Service or SEO Packages to help you create a good landing page that converts.
Published by Robert King on November 29th 2011 | Seo
Published by SEO Powersuite on January 18th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on January 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ashish Bera on June 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Shashi Kapoor on June 8th 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on December 23rd 2011 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 13th 2012 | Seo
Published by Jackfarnklin on March 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on May 5th 2012 | Seo
Published by Alena on January 18th 2012 | Seo
Published by Chris Wilson on April 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by on April 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on March 8th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on April 25th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dimpy Jose on December 16th 2011 | Seo
Published by Megan on June 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dany on April 26th 2012 | Seo
Published by Kaisar on January 10th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dimpy Jose on December 16th 2011 | Seo
Published by Merry Smith on March 28th 2012 | Seo