Importance of 301 Redirects to SEO
Redirecting one URL to another is a common practice. However, when redirecting according to Search Engine Optimization Experts, it is very essential to maintain SEO value of your site.
Redirection can be done in many ways, but, it is recommended that you use a server-side 301 redirect.
Interpreted as "moved permanently" to a new location, the “301 Permanent Redirect” is the most efficient and user and search engine friendly method for redirecting websites.
Serving the 301 status code is the best way, according to SEO service providers, to indicate to both browsers and search engine bots that the page has moved permanently as well as ensure that users and search engines are directed to the correct page.
A 301 Redirect is particularly useful in several situations, including:
• to redirect an old website to a new address and you want to make the transition as seamless as possible
• to setup several different URLs pointing to one website
• to enforce only one version of your website (www or no-www)
• to harmonize a URL structure change
• to merge two websites and want to make sure that links to outdated URLs are redirected to the correct pages
Reasons Why 301 Redirects are Important
• A 301 Redirect passes between 90-99% of link juice (ranking power) to the redirected page from the original page; thus, your search engine rankings for that particular page will be preserved.
• It can provide your site SEO benefit and visitor benefit when used and used properly. This is because a 301 Redirect will keep the information about your site up to date with the search engines and avoid you loosing incoming links and annoyed visitors.
• In cases when all of a sudden you change something in the URL structure of your site, such as placing several pages in a folder or altering a permalink structure, which will cause all those indexed pages to be broken, a 301 Redirect can maintain the integrity of the website structure leaving no broken links on the search engines and will help the search engines identify them and update their indexes of your site when their bots crawl through next.
• 301 redirects not only automatically direct the browser to your new address; it also tells search engines to update their listings. Not updating your internal links to direct them to the new URLs will give you lots of broken links which can give negative impact to your internal Pagerank flow. So if you use a 301 Redirect, you’ll be automatically be informing the search engines about your listings as well as you’ll get to keep your rankings.
Audreyabbey - About Author:
Premium SEO Solutions is a professional SEO Australia that has a team of work-efficient search engine optimisation expert that will provide you with cost-effective search engine optimisation service tailored to your business needs.
Published by Julia Roger on January 10th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on March 14th 2012 | Seo
Published by Henrica Hopman on May 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on December 23rd 2011 | Seo
Published by Megan on June 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Martindrew on June 15th 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on February 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Pitter James on December 1st 2011 | Seo
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on December 14th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Wildnet Technologies on May 15th 2012 | Seo
Published by Redball Infotech on May 29th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on July 13th 2012 | Seo
Published by Will Boucher on January 2nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Lucille Lans on May 19th 2012 | Seo
Published by Temple Young on February 22nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on May 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on April 19th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dimpy Jose on December 16th 2011 | Seo
Published by Merry Smith on March 26th 2012 | Seo
Published by Redball Infotech on June 14th 2012 | Seo