Factors That Affect Your Website Bounce Rate
Is your search engine optimization expert telling you that your site has a high bounce rate and it's affecting your ranking and bottom-line? And are you confused why it’s acting that way?
To clarify these things, let us learn what bounce rate is and why is it important to analyze your site's bounce rate.
What is Bounce Rate?
According to Google, Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page).
Simply speaking, bounce rate is the number of visitors who arrive and immediately leave or "bounce" out at the entry page (on the same page they entered on) and never click your other pages or anything on your site.
Why is it Important to Analyze your Site's Bounce Rate?
As what Google says, Bounce rate is also a measure of page quality and a higher-than-average bounce rate would generally indicate that your site’s entrance (landing) pages are not relevant to your visitors as they should be.
So having a high bounce rate could indicate to Google that the results they are providing are not satisfactory; therefore, Google would see your website as not relevant as it should be for that particular search term, increasing the likelihood for Google to replace your web page with something that is seen as being more relevant to the search term.
Moreover, bounce Rate can provide your SEO Service providers the necessary insights from the data, for determining how your landing pages have been performing as compared to visitor expectations. Bounce rate also helps you to find out which of your web pages require some form of improvement.
Google does not use bounce rate alone in deciding the position of a web page in its index; however, along with other factors such as site speed, duplicate content and other, your high bounce rate could certainly have an effect on the ranking of your web pages.
Factors That Affect Bounce Rate
• Keyword Selected. Having selected the right keywords that are relevant to your niche will enable you to actually target the right kind of visitors. The right kind of visitors will definitely stay longer and browse your site as opposed to having the wrong kind of traffic that will bounce out as they find your site irrelevant to them.
• Load Time of Pages. A longer load time means higher bounce rate. This is so because if your page takes more time to open or load, this would cause your visitors to leave your page as we all know that no one likes to wait for any site to open. So rather than waiting, your visitor will in all likelihood open another site and leave. So, improving your page load time will definitely reduce the bounce rate.
• Type of Target Group or Audience. If your keywords or advertising reaches the wrong type of visitors (who will see your site as irrelevant or not useful to their queries), then you’ll definitely get a higher bounce rate.
• Navigational Structure. Having clear and simple navigational structure will make your visitors easily move to other pages on your site, inviting them to stay and reducing bounce rate as opposed to having confusing and complicated navigational structure that will cause your visitors to be frustrated and not find easily what they’re looking for.
• Quality of Content. Having copy/paste content will not impress your visitors (and in all likelihood, they have already come across such content from other site). This would cause them to leave your site. So make sure to have a fresh, unique, informative and useful content for your visitors. Make sure your content is of high quality and relevant to your niche.
Audreyabbey - About Author:
Premium SEO Solutions, a trusted SEO Company in Australia, provides ethical and result-oriented SEO Services. They offer Free SEO Audit to help you identify the issues that may be preventing your site from ranking well in search engines.
Published by Ashish Mittal on February 11th 2012 | Seo
Published by Martindrew on June 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on December 22nd 2011 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on April 18th 2012 | Seo
Published by Alena on December 24th 2011 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on April 20th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ryan Philipenko on January 2nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Seo Steve on January 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Cody Rhodes on February 24th 2012 | Seo
Published by Cecil Fort on April 6th 2012 | Seo
Published by Redball Infotech on April 25th 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on January 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anie Bates on June 13th 2012 | Seo
Published by Martindrew on January 4th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ema Sis on July 4th 2012 | Seo
The SEO services Cochin aims at increasing the standard on the traffic towards the website & bui...
Published by Somjons12 on January 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Justin Borowski on April 26th 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on July 11th 2012 | Seo
Published by Andrew Sullivan on January 19th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 16th 2011 | Seo