6 Link Building Tips After Google Penguin Update
Nowadays, links still remain to be the most important external signal that can help a web site rise in the rankings. Google also depends on link analysis as a way to improve relevancy, discovering how pages are related to each other and in what ways.
Though links aren't everything in SEO, but a large portion of the engines' algorithms is attributed to link-based factors.
Through links, search engines can not only analyze a website’s/page’s popularity based on the number and popularity of pages linking to them but also on metrics like trust and authority.
In light of the focus of search engines on algorithmic use and link analysis, as a search engine optimization expert, growing a website’s link profile or link building is among the top SEO strategies in order to gain traction, attention, top search engine rankings and increase targeted traffic from engines.
More so now, with the latest Penguin updates initially targeting site’s with unnatural links, decreasing rankings on site’s doing link spams, paid linking, comment spam, among others.
With the bird’s carnage slowly settling, now is the time for professional SEOs to start re-focusing their link building efforts, and adapt to the new post-penguin landscape.
Here are some link building tips to help you to rebuild a good link profile and thus reclaim the top spot in the search engines:
1. Create Quality Content. If you want to acquire and grow links naturally, then you need to have good content and information as these would entice people to want to link without being prompted.
2. Don't Link on SPAM sites. Google’s Penguin is targeting these spam sites, those doing manipulations to increase a site's ranking or PageRank, so if you are linking to them, your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.
3. Avoid Participation in "Link Networks". Google is now targeting and penalizing link networks as these link networks are doing link schemes designed to manipulate; thus, increase your site's ranking or PageRank. If you link with these, just like linking to spam sites, your own ranking may be also affected adversely by those links.
4. Mix up Keywords on Anchor Text. In this way, you can link build for your brand or long tail keywords. Using some page or product specific anchor texts should diversify your link portfolio.
5. Link to Different Destination Pages. Make sure to link not only to your home page, but also do deep linking. Look at landing pages, product pages or even just blog pages if the content is relevant.
6. Build Social Signals. Google gives values on social signals as they act as recommendations in the same way that links do. With Google having their own social sites, and integrating these recommendations into their search results, make sure to work on your social media campaign as part of your overall professional Search Engine Optimization Strategy.
Link building from quality sites is now the focus of Google’s latest algorithmic updates, the Penguin. If you don’t want to be booted out or reduce your ranking, then focus your link building campaign on this too.
Published by Anthony Mckeown on April 25th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ashish Bera on June 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ram Shrma on June 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 13th 2012 | Seo
Published by JohnAlina on November 25th 2011 | Seo
Published by Shashi Kapoor on June 8th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ricky Martin on June 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 31st 2011 | Seo
Published by Ashish Mittal on February 11th 2012 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on November 29th 2011 | Seo
Published by Dora William on December 29th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Jims Campbell on April 28th 2012 | Seo
Published by MakerankSEO on April 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dimpy Jose on December 16th 2011 | Seo
Published by Alena on January 18th 2012 | Seo
Published by Will Boucher on January 2nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on February 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on December 23rd 2011 | Seo
Published by Julia Roger on January 4th 2012 | Seo