5 Common Custom Web Design Mistakes – How to Avoid Them
When deciding to build a website, many organizations question whether they need custom website design. While it may be tempting to opt for a template design, it is important to remember that a website is a portrayal of your company’s image in your industry and putting your best foot forward is vital. Read on to see 5 common custom web design mistakes and how you can avoid them.
1. Choosing the wrong design – it may seem obvious, but your custom web design needs to reflect your company’s image and values. If you are in the manufacturing sector for example, a site that is great for someone in the entertainment business won’t suit you.
2. Designing a website which looks like an advertisement – your website needs to provide information on your products and services. It is an important tool used to attract customers. If your site looks too much like an advertisement, it will not compel your audience to stay and learn more about your products and services.
3. Using keywords incorrectly – the use of keywords is one critical element in your site’s search engine optimization strategy. A custom website design can look amazing, but if you are not able to attract users to your site it is not achieving your desired goals.
4. Failure to use the right copy – it is important to remember that the text on your website is just as important as your design. It needs to be strategically chosen and able to provide the information that your audience is looking for. If you have too much information on the site, without the appropriate use of headings and separating web pages, your site will look cluttered and your audience will lose interest.
5. No experience – when it comes to custom website development, it is important to select a company that can provide you with the best service and design. When looking around, look for a company with a proven track record and ask to see designs of their previous sites – it is important that you can see the quality of their work.
Wsiworld - About Author:
WSI is the world’s leading Internet Marketing & Online Promotion service provider offering SEO, SEM, PPC, web development, social media marketing, mobile marketing and other internet marketing services to suit the needs of multiple industries. The company has the world’s largest Digital Marketing Consultants’ network with its head office in Toronto, Canada. WSI Digital Marketing Consultants have helped thousands of small and medium-sized businesses realize their online marketing potential. WSI Internet Marketing offers world class digital marketing services for businesses across the globe. Contact your local WSI Consultant to learn how your company can effectively leverage social media marketing. Visit http://www.wsiworld.com/ for more information.
Published by Julia Roger on December 15th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Tony Bryan on June 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on January 9th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Ema Sis on February 14th 2012 | Seo
Published by Gagan on April 18th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Tony Bryan on April 19th 2012 | Seo
Published by Terrypa Sencio on January 21st 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Robert King on December 24th 2011 | Seo
Published by Verzdesign1 on February 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on April 20th 2012 | Seo