What is online marketing?
The term online marketing is widely discussed in today’s world where consumers are now turning towards the internet for their first source of information as well as information about specific products, services or businesses. The business owners of today also have started to invest in online marketing to grab that large chunk of audience who consult the internet before making their purchase decision. This whole shift of businessmen and entrepreneurs to a new advertising tool of internet is not only due to the reason that a large number of people are on the internet but also due to the fact that online marketing is a highly cost effective means of promotion particularly in contrast to other traditional methods of marketing.
So, how can one define online marketing? If simply put, it would mean using internet to spread, promote and advertise about your product or services in hope of generating interest from your target audience. Online marketing is known by many names like internet marketing or web marketing. Online marketing is primarily used by companies who sell their products directly to the customers.
Various techniques are applied in online marketing. Below is a list of few of the common techniques or areas of online marketing:
• Display Advertisements: It is probably the most common technique of online marketing. It involves displaying web banners or banner ads placed on a website. It can be your website or a third party’s website and it is used to drive traffic to your websit. It also helps in increasing product information and awareness.
• Email Marketing: This is often used by companies to send emails to existing or prospect clients about offers and information regarding their product and services. Email marketing is considered to be the most cost efficient amongst all other online marketing techniques. However, it gets very hard at times to distinguish between legit emails and spam messages as a result of so many people using email marketing software and sending messages.
• Search Engine Marketing: This technique is getting popular day by day and a lot of people are using Search Engine Optimization (SEO), paid placements and paid content in order to increase their website visibility as well as credibility in search engine ratings. Boosting up such ratings means whenever someone will use keywords relating to yours, you will show up in result. However, your visibility entirely depends upon how high you are ranked.
• Viral Marketing: It is a technique which encourages the company to pass on information and let it spread. Video clips, funny messages, games or emails along with social media are used as tools in viral marketing.
• A few other techniques include Affiliate Marketing, Interactive Marketing, and Social Media Management etc…
Smart business owners prefer to focus on their product while leaving online marketing to good marketing agencies. LBM Direct Marketing is one such agency where all your requirements regarding online marketing can be handled under one roof. Work with LBM and give your business a new chance to rise high via effective and successful online marketing.
At LBM, you can opt for direct email marketing, social media management or any other sort of online marketing, the staff there will not only help you with such tools but will also guide you to which technique will suit you and your business the best.
Published by Robert King on January 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Leila on May 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on April 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Mprofile on March 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Marketingspace on May 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Spencer Jim on July 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Corporatemailing on July 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Leila on May 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Allinda James on November 30th 2011 | Marketing
Published by Robert King on January 17th 2012 | Business
Published by LisaaHarris on February 1st 2012 | Business
Published by Vernon Diaz on June 30th 2012 | Marketing
Published by Rave Stuart on December 4th 2011 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on April 13th 2012 | Business
Published by John Davis on December 8th 2011 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 2nd 2011 | Business
Published by Marketingspace on July 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Blossom Dana on January 7th 2012 | Marketing
Published by Jessieowens on January 24th 2012 | Marketing