Use Custom Paint Color Combinations for a Pleasing Effect
Special attention should be given when you choose the colours of paint for your home. People have various preferences; therefore, it is best if you buy custom paint for your house. You can decide with your family on a particular shade but remember that the paint you select should match the decor of your room.
Paint your Room with Custom Paints
Use custom paint for you home and notice the difference. With colour combinations you can have specialized effects in the rooms that will create a statement. The first step is to decide on a colour. The colour scheme of a room should not be more than two colours. Select a light and dark shade from a colour wheel. The light colour will go well for the walls and the dark one to trim the borders.
Custom paint is so effective that it can transform the appearance of your home. Painting the interior of your house is affordable and the impact it creates is astounding. Some years ago, pastels and primary colours were popular, but today more vibrant colours are showing up. Yellow for example sets the tenor for the colour scheme. Depending on the furnishings, you can combine it with a background of grey or white.
Useful Painting Tips
Painting is a skill and the use of colour schemes or spray paint will reveal your aesthetic sense. Here are a few tips to help you select the right techniques and materials.
• To paint the exterior of your home, use paints that are latex-based as it is durable.
• Use light shades for the exterior which will make your home appear larger.
• Scrape and use a primer before painting. Shiny surfaces require special primers.
• A painter’s tape will produce a specialized effect on your work; the masking requirements will vary according to the room or surface.
• Painters test multiple shades before selecting Custom Paint for your home; you can purchase 2 or 8-ounce paint samples.
• Finally, picking up the right tools is very important for executing a good job. A good sash brush, a handy pail, rollers and handles as well as trays, painting tapes and cloth are the essential tools.
Spray painting Techniques
If your roller and paintbrush are giving trouble, purchase spray paint which is available in a convenient aerosol can. With sprayers you can finish large surfaces quickly, but it is important to get the right equipment because the spraying performance depends on the sprayer and your skill. Spray painting is highly versatile you and can use it to paint wood, brick, masonry and metal.
Before you start using spray paint, test it on a large board in order to get the technique right. To obtain a smooth coat, keep the sprayer at a suitable distance and move it consistently. The outside boundary should be painted first if you are painting open surfaces. For painting corners, direct the sprayer into it.
Published by Rohan Sinha on April 3rd 2012 | Home Improvement
Published by Weggy Blow on December 6th 2011 | Home Improvement
Published by Thomasgalvin on June 21st 2012 | Home
Published by Dany on February 13th 2012 | Home Improvement
Published by CVGiCanada on March 17th 2012 | Home Improvement
Published by Mary Porter on June 25th 2012 | Home Improvement