What are Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages to Completely in the Canal Hearing Aids?
• They are the smallest form of hearing aids on the market today. Since they are almost completely invisible, they are very appealing cosmetically for the user.
• The speaker is placed close to your eardrum in the CIC hearing aids, so you will receive a natural enhancement in overall sound and loudness.
• Since the device is going to fit snugly into your ear canal, any acoustic feedback will be limited, thanks to the microphone being lodged inside of the canal.
• In the CIC, the microphone will be positioned within your ear canal, which will help to simulate the way that you hear sounds naturally.
• When compared to your traditional hearing aids, the CIC instruments are going to cost you a little bit more money up front.
• Someone who is dealing with profound hearing loss will not be a candidate for this type of device.
• If you are looking for something for your child, this may not be the best option because the instruments are made to fit into your ear and with a child they are still growing, so you would constantly have to be ordering a new set with each growth spurt.
• You do not have the option of setting the volume on the CIC aids. However, there are some that have a very tiny volume control on them.
• Since the batteries are so small, it can prove difficult to replace them for some people. Anyone who suffers with arthritis and other common conditions that affect motor control will have difficulty replacing the batteries in these.
• There is an increased possibility of feedback because the microphone and the receiver are placed so close together.
• If you are someone who produces large amounts of earwax, this instrument is going to be a lot more prone to damage when compared to its larger counterparts.
• When compared to other hearing aids, there is an increase in the repair rate of the CIC aids.
• They will need a lot of regular cleaning, so you have to be ready to handle the cleaning needs yourself.
When making the decision on which hearing instrument is the right one for you, consult with a provider near you for a complete breakdown on all of the available options. Not only can they help you decide if a completely in the canal hearing aid is right for you, but they will also be able to guide you on where you can get yours. Go through the benefits and drawbacks of the instrument before making the final decision on which one you should purchase.
Dr. Kelley Linton - About Author:
Clinic opened in 1998...created by Kelly Johnston and Kelley Linton...Kelly Johnston passed away in 2009. Private practice audiology...3 Audiologist's, 1 office manager, 1 personnel director/tech, 2 receptionist, 1 billing person, 1 telemarketer. High quality, professional clinic with the most outstanding customer service. We aren't the cheapest but we are the best. For more click here
Published by Avena Sowell on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on January 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on April 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on February 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Orgnised Interiors on July 26th 2012 | Health
Published by NinaCook on May 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Angelobailey on June 8th 2012 | Health
Published by Sleepaidsreviews on February 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on March 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Crowin Smith on February 21st 2012 | Health