Making the Most out of Your Laser Hair Removal
Now that you have made the decision to undergo a laser treatment for your hair removal, there are a number of ways which you can optimize your treatment for your benefit. There will be no need for you to agonize over unwanted hair and going through the painful process of waxing or plucking once every couple of weeks. Laser treatments are a popular and scientific way to get rid of unwanted hair for good.
No More Unwanted Hair:-
Most hair removal experts with suggest that you undergo a series of treatments spread over a few days or weeks for best results. This entirely depends on the thickness and volume of hair that you have in the area that you intend to treat yourself. Typically, the laser kills the cells of your hair follicle one at a time and multiple seating is the best way to ensure that you have gotten rid of your unwanted hair for good.
In most cases, this treatment is painless and you are bound to experience on a slight tingly feeling and some redness in the area that is treated. This too will subside over a period of time.
How to Optimize your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Here is how you can make the most of your investment in this hair removal technique –
1. Avoid exposing your skin to too much sun a few days prior to your appointment. If the colour of your skin changes during this period, it may get difficult to gain effective results.
2. Also do not visit tanning booths prior to the treatment. Tanning can make your skin very sensitive, making it susceptible to damage and non-effective removal of hair.
3. Tanning and sun exposure should be avoided at least two weeks after to the appoint them that you have set. This facilitates the healthy healing of the skin and also holds back the re-growth of the hair by any chance.
4. Do not wax, thread, pluck or tweeze your hair prior to the treatment. These hair removal techniques make it more difficult for the laser to effectively break down hair follicles. Eventually, this may result in the need for more sittings than required.
5. Be mentally prepared to spend a couple of hours over the next four to eight weeks to undergo this treatment depending on the area that you are getting treated.
6. While you are getting the treatment done, make sure that you ask for some eye protection. There are goggles that allow you protect sensitive areas while the treatment is in process, especially when you are working on removing facial hair.
7. Discuss all the possible side effects with the experts and also inform them of all medications you currently consuming. Some medicines can react and cause skin irritation.
8. Make sure you are regularly moisturising your skin especially if you feel the irritation or the skin has become more sensitive. Milk, Aloe Vera and green tea based lotions are known to give the best results.
It is important that you are able to make the most of your investment. Do not deter from asking questions and clarifying all your doubts before you start your treatment.
Stella Richard - About Author:
South Granville Laser and Skin Care Centre offers many levels of sophisticated aesthetic and technologically advanced treatments including Laser Hair Removal Vancouver, spider vein removal, microdermabrasion, anti aging treatments, and body contouring.
Published by Dave Hussy on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Kasper Knight on June 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Wills Loren on February 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Randy Collins on February 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Therese Laserase on March 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Hipolit Jan on December 28th 2011 | Health
Published by Kasper Knight on June 2nd 2012 | Health
Published by Vidisha Rana on August 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Vervena on January 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Kent Wrotham on January 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Acneexpert on December 26th 2011 | Health
Though, Acne is the plague of the teen days. Nearly every teenagers endure from disease of the s...
Published by Chris Adam on January 14th 2012 | Health
Published by Micron Associates on June 8th 2012 | Health
Published by Acneexpert on February 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Canberra Marketing on December 4th 2011 | Health
Published by Radsonsmith on August 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Angie Turner on May 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Jenny Decosta on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Smith Wymondham on January 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Lilith666 on December 16th 2011 | Health