Invisible Hearing Aids: Even the Wearer Doesn’t Know it’s there!
Each one of our five senses helps us to enjoy the world around us and provide us with an experience. But sometimes due to accidents, injury or the life process of ageing, these senses either weaken or stop working entirely. One sense that is well known to deteriorate over time is our sense of hearing. Millions of people around the world are knowingly or unknowingly suffering from hearing impairment. But the good news is that scientist and doctors have found a solution for this impairment: the hearing aid. Hearing aids are basically electro-acoustic devices that can modulate or amplify sound waves and hence help rectify people’s hearing disability. Usually they are worn in or behind the person’s ear.
Though a solution exists but still many people are very reluctant to use the hearing aid for many reasons, let’s investigate a few of them:
1) Not knowing they have a hearing problem: A number of people are there who actually do not even know that they have a hearing impairment. At times the loss in their hearing ability is so gradual that they tend to adjust with the situation and hence don’t realise their problem.
2) Embarrassed to wear hearing aid: Many people find it embarrassing to wear a hearing aid as it is a sign of old age. Most hearing aids in the market are easily noticeable and people really don’t like to accept that they have a deficiency, even though they are suffering from it, still they would continue without using the assistance of the aid.
3) Bad Experience: Many people with hearing impairment have actually used hearing aids before. But because of improper analysis of their hearing problem along with the convincing power of a sales person, who by the way doesn’t know all the details about your hearing loss, they often select the wrong device. Some devices are too heavy, some give a buzzing or cracking sound, some don’t operate correctly while using mobile phones, etc. This leads people to not using a hearing aid again.
4) Numerous other reasons like cost, denial, fear of going to a doctor, other priorities or fear has stopped people from using a hearing aid.
But one should never underestimate the power of modern technology and the knowledge of present day scientists and doctors. Keeping in mind some of the problems that people have in wearing hearing aids, they have been able to create a solution that addresses many of them with the invention of the invisible hearing aid. Starkey is an American hearing aid company that has pioneered and developed the invisible hearing aid and have gained industry leadership and recognition over the years. These aids are so small that they can easily rest inside your ear canal and be hidden from anyone’s view, even the wearer’s. Starkey’s invisible hearing aids have many features like:
• Custom designed for your hearing problem
• No buzzing of whistling sounds, guaranteed
• Programmable using a touch tone phone
• Understands noise and reduces listening efforts
• Designed to expand and enhance audibility
• Can be kept in the ear for long term, up to months at times
• Easy to hear even while on mobile phone
Users of this technology are extremely satisfied as their hearing has improved and yet no one notices that they are using a hearing aid. In fact they have been quoted saying that even they themselves at times don’t remember or realise that they are wearing a hearing aid.
Published by Avena Sowell on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on April 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Crowin Smith on February 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by NinaCook on May 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Orgnised Interiors on July 26th 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on January 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on February 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Sleepaidsreviews on February 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on March 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Angelobailey on June 8th 2012 | Health