How to Maintain Dental Veneers
A large number of people around the world opt to go through cosmetic dentistry procedures for the benefit of enhancing one’s appearance and improving one’s smile. Dental veneers are a common method used to rectify chipped, discoloured and broken teeth.
Placing the Dental Veneer
A Vancouver based dental veneer expert will typically remove a small amount of the surface of the tooth so that the veneer can be placed easily. First, an impression is taken of the tooth on the basis of which the installation is customized at the laboratory.
Materials used to Fabricate Dental Veneers:
These thin, tooth coloured porcelain shells are typically fit over individual teeth. Another material commonly used for dental veneers is composite resin. Both these veneers can be easily fabricated by a dental technical and are bonded with the teeth with the help of resin cement. Even though porcelain as a material is relatively brittle, when it is firmly bonded with a tooth, it can become extremely durable and strong.
To ensure its durability and strength, the installation must be maintained and taken care of –
1. Dental veneers must be cleaned just like you would clean your own teeth. You can floss once every day and brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste two times a day to make sure you have gotten rid of all the food debris, bacteria and plaque.
2. Flossing also helps ensure strength and health for your gums which is crucial for the stability of your veneers. Recession of the gums influences the appearance of the veneers and f not taken care of well, it may demand replacement earlier than expected.
3. Avoid ripping and tearing motions with your teeth to avoid any form of twisting and breaking. Once you have got these installed, you must use your teeth only for chewing.
4. Also avoid biting hard foods such as nuts and ice to avoid any form of damage. Since these are attached with extremely thin bonding cement, biting down hard objects can result in displacement.
5. It is recommended that you make regular visits to your dentist to facilitate comprehensive cleaning and ensure proper hygiene and care for your installations.
6. If you are likely to playing any hard core sports that demands any kind of contact, it is recommended that you make use of a mouth guard to avoid loosening and ensure protection in your dental investment.
A major benefit of this treatment is that it does not really discolour very easily, at the same time the bonding that is done along the line of the gum is porous and likely to stain. It is important that you continue to maintain your veneers for aesthetics and functional purposes.
Published by Tedd Woods on August 2nd 2012 | Health
Published by Harold Spencer on July 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Gary Tobin on June 18th 2012 | Health
Published by Findahealth on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Greame Shaun on June 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Justin Bieber on August 25th 2012 | Health
Published by James Blee on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Louise Carala on August 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Stella Richard on May 9th 2012 | Health
Published by Hipolit Jan on December 24th 2011 | Health
Published by Wills Loren on February 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Roger Lopez on March 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Adam Stive on June 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Dave Hussy on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Koerpertraum on May 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Chris Adam on March 28th 2012 | Health
Published by Jaiskajonson on June 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Stella Richard on February 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Laura on February 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on March 28th 2012 | Health