Who is an Accountant?
An accountant is an individual who performs accounting tasks for individuals or companies.
It generally includes financial records, taxes, and responsibility for the issuing of financial reports. Requirements to become an accountant may vary, but generally include certification through a professional agency in accounting and finance.
In a small firm, an accountant may be a responsible for keeping all financial records. These records include payroll information, accountant’s payable, accounts receivable, retail sales, and information regarding investments held by the company. These accounts are kept organized in lenders which are used to asses the financial health of a company. Ledgers are always kept up to date, may be consulted and high ranking members of a company when they are making major business decisions.
In larger funds, accountants also perform internal audits, to ensure that the financial records of the company are accurate.
In most cases, an accountant will choose to specialize in a particular field such as audits, a book keeping, taxes. In other instances, an accountant may be certified public accountant who handles the books for several small businesses at once. In both instances, the accountant must have strong math skills, as well as an education in accounting.
Most accountants and Auditors work in a typical office sitting. Some may be able to do part of their work at home. An organization with multiple locations may travel frequently to perform audits at branches, clients’ places of business, or government facilities.
What you can become by pursuing the course:
An accountant generally works in following major fields-
1. As public accountant: People whop work as public accountant with several different clients on their accounting needs. You might work with these clients on your own as a consultant.
2. Second, you can work with a firm that provides accountancy services to the public.
3. Another career prospect that you have in accountancy is a private accountant. These kinds of accountant work with a corporation as a cost accountant or junior internal auditors.
4. A government accountant is another career prospect that you may have with a career in accountancy. With this position, you work variety of government branches like the internal revenue service or department of defense.
5. Another prospect for a career in accountancy is an internal auditor. In this position, you will be conducting audits insure compliance with accounting laws and working to make sure that accounting information systems are up to standard.
How to Become an Accountant:
Successful accountants need to possess a special aptitude for numbers and a close attention to detail. They must also have excellent computer skills and be adapt at oral and written communication. This is career in which education and constant accuracy are of utmost importance.
Harish Makkar - About Author:
Harish Makkar owns a site that offers many career options on Accounting & Finance Professional Courses. To know more about Career in Accounts and Accounting Courses in Ludhiana visit iifajobtraining.org
Published by Esl-languages on August 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Maaya on December 3rd 2011 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on January 9th 2012 | Education
Published by Kenedy Olson on February 2nd 2012 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on April 6th 2012 | Education
Published by Anil Kumar on December 27th 2011 | Education
Published by Steve on January 11th 2012 | Education
Published by Julia Bennet on December 30th 2011 | Education
Published by Maaya on December 2nd 2011 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on January 25th 2012 | Education
Published by Richard Riddell on December 8th 2011 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on December 29th 2011 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on January 17th 2012 | Education
Published by Crowin Smith on April 2nd 2012 | Education
Published by Editor123 on May 2nd 2012 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on December 29th 2011 | Education
Published by Zach Sheldon on May 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Czeslawa Wakefield on July 10th 2012 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on April 20th 2012 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on December 13th 2011 | Education