Physicians’ Answering Service- Strengthening the Doctor-Patient Bond
Physicians’ answering service offers 24-hour customer support at reasonable rates. In many clinics, the quality of the support staff is often not up to the mark, leaving the patients distressed and frustrated when their calls are not attended. With a professional answering service in your office, you can be certain all patient questions will get a prompt response regardless of the time the calls are made. This is particularly vital during emergencies when patients may be forced to seek medical attention elsewhere if their calls are not answered at once.
Why a physicians’ answering service is popular:
• The physicians’ answering service ensures that patients are never left waiting for medical assistance in times of emergencies.
• Maintaining a full-fledged receptionist staff can turn out to be costlier than hiring a professional answering service to handle patient inquiries. Incidentally, you are required to pay exorbitant salaries to hire receptionists for services during odd hours, which may drain your funds. Therefore, the physicians’ answering service is unarguably a cost-effective alternative.
• These automated services typically make use of updated and advanced message recording and storing techniques. All patient messages get stored and delivered according to HIPAA guidelines.
• These services can sort calls depending on their degree of urgency. So, the urgent calls are immediately forwarded to the appropriate medical practitioner for immediate response, whereas the routine calls for rescheduling of appointments or clarification of medical prescriptions are left for the following working day.
• Chances of miscommunication are least as all patient messages are recorded in their own voices. This enables the concerned doctor to come to a correct diagnosis.
• Hiring these services is both economical and convenient. There is no legal obligation involved. Therefore, you are free to discontinue these services if you are not satisfied.
How does a physicians’ answering service work
Prerecorded messages are used to greet patient callers. They are then given the option to leave their medical details. They can select from the multiple options presented to them which in turn allows the answering service systems to categorize the calls. When there are emergency calls, the message gets conveyed through text message or via emails to the on-call doctor. The staffs using these answering systems are professionally trained to cater to different kinds of offices having different kinds of business needs.
A physicians’ answering service helps you answer patient calls and respond to patient questions in a timely manner. It can take care of tedious clinic-related activities like scheduling patient appointments. This relives the doctors of the hassles of having to arrange for fast appointments for their patients. All messages are forwarded through web mails so that the treatment never gets delayed. During emergencies they can connect the patients with their relevant doctors; if any physician is unavailable, they ensure that you get help from another equally qualified medical professional. When call handling functions are outsourced, it allows the clinic staff to concentrate on other working areas for running the clinic efficiently. These reasons have made the physicians’ answering service popular among modern-day medical practitioners. It is helping them to reduce their staff workload and cater to their patients better than before.
John Austin - About Author:
Check out more about the advantages of using a physicians’ answering service for your business. You can enjoy the benefits of an automated answering service by hiring this company’s services for a month at absolutely no cost. They have the power to provide customized services to each of their clients and have helped significantly reduce the workload for doctors.
Published by Roney on February 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Eyeweb on August 23rd 2012 | Customer Service
Published by Mary Porter on June 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Purushottam Chandra on January 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Alice Mark on August 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on May 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Cris Martin on May 2nd 2012 | Customer Service
Published by Meghnath Kumar on March 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Joy on January 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Randy Collins on May 28th 2012 | Customer Service
Published by Purushottam Chandra on January 31st 2012 | Business
Published by on June 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Gaurav Solanki on January 8th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by John Smith on March 28th 2012 | Customer Service
Published by Ankita Gupta on January 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Uncleservice on March 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Payroll1 on June 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Micky Botter on January 21st 2012 | Business
Published by John Smith on March 22nd 2012 | Customer Service