Internet SMS provider: Tips to find out the best one for your business
With text messaging one can communicate with interested customers, keep in touch with old clients, get across to salesmen, and get across to various other channels which can make you a success in your business. In fact, internet SMS technologies are opening a completely new domain of marketing and customer support for those want to cost effective solutions
Using the latest technologies, bulk SMS can be sent to phones via PCs. These messages may be of different types (although these look all the same to the receiver) and there are different ways to send. You can use a web SMS facility where you send the text message using the SMS API of the message sending company. You can also use a SMS messenger to send the messages from your computer. This tool can help you to send bulk SMS to a number of recipients from your desktop or laptop. There is the SMS gateway system where you use the service to customize your message sending campaign and cater a large number of recipients. You can also send text message from your email program like MS-Outlook where you will send the SMSs using your own email account.
With the advent of technology, there are a number of similar service providers mushrooming in Australia and elsewhere. However, most of these service providers seriously lack quality. They simply borrow the SMS gateway from a major player in the market and use it to serve their own customers. As they do not have the expertise or the technical knowhow to provide continuous support, most of the time the service fail to yield the required result.
So, before you go for a bulk SMS service provider, it is advisable that you find out the follow details about the service provider:
• Ensure that the company is using the services of a reliable Australian carrier. SMS traffic backed by cheap overseas carriers most of the time are not reliable and will not be able to give you good results.
• Your company should be a veteran in the industry. The companies that started early are now matured enough to provide custom-based solutions which a new company may not provide. An established company with long track record ensures that the quality parameters are maintained without interrupting the service.
• Make sure that the internet SMS company offers two-way communication mode. While marketing a product it’s important that you offer the opt-out option, reply back etc. which under govt. guidelines or standard marketing practice.
• The company should have a clientele comprising of corporate customers. With corporate customers, there comes standardization and streamlines service facilities. This will ensure that your text message service provider will maintain the same parameter as they do it with a large bank.
• It will be good if service provider’s internet SMS services are used by authorities for mission-critical purposes. The govt. authorities have their own set of judging parameters and if a company is good to serve them, it is of course good for you too!
• The company should go for a service level agreement with you as you sign up for the service. This is also important to check the quality parameters while you pay them for the bulk SMS service.
Choosing the right SMS service provider is all about making a balanced decision on cost and quality parameters. The above guidelines should help you to achieve this.
Avena Sowell - About Author:
Author is an experienced business writer, has been writing in the business world for a long time. The article tells about the features and usage of Bulk SMS Software, send text, SMS and email text.
Published by Avena Sowell on December 24th 2011 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on January 4th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on March 23rd 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on December 27th 2011 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on December 2nd 2011 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on March 2nd 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on April 19th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on February 15th 2012 | Communication
Published by Martin Crowe on January 19th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on March 12th 2012 | Communication