The Importance of Your Online Reputation
There are over 27 million Filipinos on Facebook, and over 4 million on Twitter. No doubt, Filipinos love social media. But just how many of us know how to use it properly? Every day on our Facebook feeds, we see people who overshare (“I’m now sitting on the dentist’s chair!”), who are too “emo” (“Life is a constant struggle!”) , too angry, or simply just too much!
Being on social media means managing your reputation too. Reputation is what other people think of you. People struggle each day to build a reputable character. With the help of the internet, building or devastating one’s reputation has become much easier. So how important is your online reputation?
• If you are looking for employment, recruiters, HR personnel or soon-to-be colleagues, will be going to the web to determine if you are fit for the job. If you have too many drunken photos, or angry status posts, they may think twice.
• Your potential dates may be Googling you, or looking you up on Facebook too!
• Some financial institutions, like Lenddo, use your online reputation to assess your credit worthiness.
• Online reputation leads to new business opportunities.
• Your business’ online identity makes it easier for people to reach out to you.
• You can use your business’ online reputation to position your product and reach its target market effectively.
• Consumers nowadays count on online testimonials of other consumers. So if your product garners positive reviews, expect an increase in sales.
It is important for everyone to take their online presence and their online reputation seriously. One thing you must always keep in mind: Do not do or post things you may regret. On your next status message or picture upload, ask yourself—is this something I would write on a billboard along EDSA? Remember, the internet is a broadcasting tool, and it doesn’t forget.
Lenddo is an online community that helps its members build their credibility, gain financial knowledge and get access to loans. How do you manage your online reputation? Let us know in the comments section!
Lenddo Article - About Author:
Lenddo is the world's first credit scoring service that uses your online social network to assess credit and provide personal finance and housing loans.
Published by Sam Hopkins on February 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Devi on January 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 28th 2012 | Business
Published by Sai Manohar on February 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Victoriasecret on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri ValliDevi on April 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri SravanthiDevi on June 15th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Devi on February 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Avena Sowell on January 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Jonathanswift on December 23rd 2011 | Business
Published by Jaya Honey on December 1st 2011 | Business
Published by Chris Whelan on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Maha Devi on May 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri LilliDevi on April 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Rob Kuron on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Uncleservice on April 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on February 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 15th 2011 | Business