The Importance of Your Online Reputation
There are over 27 million Filipinos on Facebook, and over 4 million on Twitter. No doubt, Filipinos love social media. But just how many of us know how to use it properly? Every day on our Facebook feeds, we see people who overshare (“I’m now sitting on the dentist’s chair!”), who are too “emo” (“Life is a constant struggle!”) , too angry, or simply just too much!
Being on social media means managing your reputation too. Reputation is what other people think of you. People struggle each day to build a reputable character. With the help of the internet, building or devastating one’s reputation has become much easier. So how important is your online reputation?
• If you are looking for employment, recruiters, HR personnel or soon-to-be colleagues, will be going to the web to determine if you are fit for the job. If you have too many drunken photos, or angry status posts, they may think twice.
• Your potential dates may be Googling you, or looking you up on Facebook too!
• Some financial institutions, like Lenddo, use your online reputation to assess your credit worthiness.
• Online reputation leads to new business opportunities.
• Your business’ online identity makes it easier for people to reach out to you.
• You can use your business’ online reputation to position your product and reach its target market effectively.
• Consumers nowadays count on online testimonials of other consumers. So if your product garners positive reviews, expect an increase in sales.
It is important for everyone to take their online presence and their online reputation seriously. One thing you must always keep in mind: Do not do or post things you may regret. On your next status message or picture upload, ask yourself—is this something I would write on a billboard along EDSA? Remember, the internet is a broadcasting tool, and it doesn’t forget.
Lenddo is an online community that helps its members build their credibility, gain financial knowledge and get access to loans. How do you manage your online reputation? Let us know in the comments section!
Lenddo Article - About Author:
Lenddo is the world's first credit scoring service that uses your online social network to assess credit and provide personal finance and housing loans.
Published by Gayathri ValliDevi on April 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by Gowri Sankarnath on February 9th 2012 | Business
Published by on June 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Rob Kuron on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Jaya Honey on December 1st 2011 | Business
Published by Jane Cyrus on February 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri NithyaDevi on April 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Sean Burke on May 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri SnehaDevi on March 28th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on January 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Dinesh on April 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Moneek Mehra on July 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Abhishek Gupta on July 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Matthew Arthur on August 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Crowin Smith on January 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri PuppyDevi on April 26th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Pinkydevi on July 11th 2012 | Business