The Importance of Your Online Reputation
There are over 27 million Filipinos on Facebook, and over 4 million on Twitter. No doubt, Filipinos love social media. But just how many of us know how to use it properly? Every day on our Facebook feeds, we see people who overshare (“I’m now sitting on the dentist’s chair!”), who are too “emo” (“Life is a constant struggle!”) , too angry, or simply just too much!
Being on social media means managing your reputation too. Reputation is what other people think of you. People struggle each day to build a reputable character. With the help of the internet, building or devastating one’s reputation has become much easier. So how important is your online reputation?
• If you are looking for employment, recruiters, HR personnel or soon-to-be colleagues, will be going to the web to determine if you are fit for the job. If you have too many drunken photos, or angry status posts, they may think twice.
• Your potential dates may be Googling you, or looking you up on Facebook too!
• Some financial institutions, like Lenddo, use your online reputation to assess your credit worthiness.
• Online reputation leads to new business opportunities.
• Your business’ online identity makes it easier for people to reach out to you.
• You can use your business’ online reputation to position your product and reach its target market effectively.
• Consumers nowadays count on online testimonials of other consumers. So if your product garners positive reviews, expect an increase in sales.
It is important for everyone to take their online presence and their online reputation seriously. One thing you must always keep in mind: Do not do or post things you may regret. On your next status message or picture upload, ask yourself—is this something I would write on a billboard along EDSA? Remember, the internet is a broadcasting tool, and it doesn’t forget.
Lenddo is an online community that helps its members build their credibility, gain financial knowledge and get access to loans. How do you manage your online reputation? Let us know in the comments section!
Lenddo Article - About Author:
Lenddo is the world's first credit scoring service that uses your online social network to assess credit and provide personal finance and housing loans.
Published by Victoriasecret on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by on June 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Jullia on December 2nd 2011 | Business
Published by Loo821ql on January 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Gowri Sankarnath on February 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Jonathanswift on December 23rd 2011 | Business
Published by Chris Whelan on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 2nd 2011 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Ranjanidevi on June 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on February 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Netta Maistro on August 20th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Jaya Honey on December 1st 2011 | Business
Published by Gayathri Devi on March 15th 2012 | Business
Clipping CompAndSave.com coupons and creating a household items list from those CompAndSave.com ...
Published by Monyonlin on January 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Hedley Harris on March 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Haswithadevi on July 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri PreethikaDevi on May 31st 2012 | Business
Published by James on April 13th 2012 | Business