Support personnel for florist
After a few years of overseas stint your boss is back in town by the evening flight. A relative is ill and admitted in a hospital. Due to your workload you weren't able to make it to the planned dinner with your beloved. A delegation is arriving at the head office to discuss the business deal which is in the closing stage. All of the above occasions require something special to greet them and a bouquet from a florist is an apt one to do so. No wonder more and more people are making selling flower as their career. You can also be a florist if you can invest a little and learn the basics about how to become a florist.
1. The art: a well arranged bouquet is a pleasant to watch and attract the customers to buy them, even if they cost more than a simple one, when they are in search of the a fine bouquet. Learn about the various arrangements of flowers from guides, friends or attend a short course conducted by an experienced florist. As an alternative you can work as a staff helping a florist to learn the ropes. You could also browse for videos and e books on internet on the subject. With a real flair to learn and to start something of your own you will learn the art within a short time.
2. Right Place: look for some place in the prominent part of the town where in you can manage a shop with some frontage to main road so that you can showcase your bouquets. While selecting the place keep in mind about some parking place within vicinity so that people can park conveniently and come to your shop.
3. Steady supply: a steady supply of variety of flowers is very important to give fresh bouquet as per to your customers choice. Travel around to find out the sources from where you can get a variety of flowers and their ability to supply them steadily to you. Buy from a supplier with a lesser travelling time from the supplier to your shop to ensure early arrival as well as freshness of stocks. It is good business acumen to have a minimum of two suppliers so that you will not run out of stocks even if one of them could not reach you on a given day.
4. Contacts: when the fame of your shop reaches more people you will get steady business. But in the initial stages what you require is a firm business for a make even, so visit hotels, corporate office and business establishments and request for their support for your business. A sincere request with promptness in delivery will see that you will get a steady business from them.
5. Sweat it out: in the early stages you have to toil around to make things happen. Early bird gets its worm, so open shop at least an hour before your rival so that those who are looking for a bouquet in the early morning know which florist will be open for business. Like wise stay a little late at your shop to sell flowers to a love-struck young man or a woman.
6. Tide along with the times: Find out the possibility of creating a website and facility of online trade. People want to do more things with less time nowadays. Make use of that trend by selling online and delivering flowers around the town with a delivery boy.
As long as people greet each other on occasions and there is love between them, there is good business opportunity being a florist.
Published by Roney on February 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Meghnath Kumar on July 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on July 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Jamessms on April 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri LilliDevi on April 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Loo821ql on March 11th 2012 | Business
Published by on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by John Davis on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri PreethiDevi on May 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Loo821ql on January 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Annphilip on March 8th 2012 | Business
Published by Lester Cliff on February 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Hanliu1003@hotmail.com on January 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Rave Stuart on December 4th 2011 | Business
Published by Annphilip on January 24th 2012 | Business