Protect Your Site with Construction site security systems
It is a sad but true fact; acts of theft and vandalism have increased enormously in the UK building and construction sites. Recent statistics suggest building and construction companies lose millions of pounds every year throughout UK. Building and construction sites are easy targets for such miscreants as they are left unattended after hours of work and during the weekends. There is usually a high staff turnover at these sites and there are many people who have knowledge about various entry and exit points. This is another reason thieves are targeting the construction and building sites at large. Has this run a chill through your spines as a stake holder or construction business owner? There are certainly some technologies you may adopt to keep your construction site premises secured.
There are sophisticated construction site security systems available in UK. Reputed companies such as Hard Hat Logistics who have years of experience in the construction and real estate environment understand the threats to your construction site. The construction site security systems provided are sighted after detailed risk assessment and other management processes. There are policies and protocols set that will save all your assets at the site from acts of theft or vandalism. Some of the construction site security systems available for the construction business owners include:
• Gatehouses control: Gatehouses control Chesire manipulates the time and attendance data. It produces a management data including key points such as CSS compliance, attendance reports, accident statistics and a roll call for emergency purposes. It helps the business owners measure productivity of subcontractors against pre-fixed schedules. Such measurements are important when it comes to final account review. You will also have an idea whether or not the subcontractors are using the agreed resources. With the implementation of this system most business owners have witnessed 3% reduction in labour costs, 7% reduction in material theft, 20% increase in productivity and 100% compliance with the health and safety directives issued.
• Biometric Hand System: Such a construction site security system uses the unique characteristics of a person for “Proof Positive” identification of the employees. The system eliminates any chances of proxy punching. As a business owner you have to pay for only those employees who are actually at work. The employees have to place their hand within a scanner to get out of or come in to the work premises. The data collected from this scanner can be used to create payrolls as well as for fire safety. There is no training required to run the system, you can enrol any employee easily and identification is made within 1 second.
• Photo ID Proximity Card System: With the help of this construction site security system you can monitor the entry or exit of employees using a software. The benefits of this software are roll call or muster report, time sheet/anti-passback facility, desktop card reader/programmer for instant card log on, photo ID card design, card personalisation, database customisation, etc.
• CCTV: CCTV installations are another proven construction site security system. It can record all events on the site. The CCTV systems of Hard Hat Logistics include battery backup in case the line is cut. There is a two way audio which can be used to warn the intruders to leave the premises. Installation of such system has led to 20% reduction in construction site material lifts.
Thus, there are various measures you can take to protect your construction site from thefts. Make sure that the service providers have years of experience in the relative field and provide quick support in case of any problems.
Hardhat - About Author:
Hard Hat Logistics have over 20 years of experience in providing high quality construction site security systems to their clients. Most of their systems have helped their clients in more ways than one.
Published by Safinajones on December 22nd 2011 | Business
Published by Futuretrading on December 23rd 2011 | Business
Published by Kevin Obrion on March 1st 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on June 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Dazzstain on December 27th 2011 | Business
Published by Guardlyer on April 23rd 2012 | Business
● Front End: cameras, lenses, PTZ de...
Published by Thessadvo on April 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Smart Lease on January 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Jamesbond on January 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Jesse Wallace on May 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Thessadvo on April 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Ron Fairchild on August 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Thessadvo on April 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Socialsecurity36 on May 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Socialsecurity36 on June 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Hardhat on February 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Vem Call on May 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on June 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Louise Carala on August 24th 2012 | Business