How to sell Stock images from your website
Online art sales are thriving and there is no reason why a person should not try it. Things like social media, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and the nature of the internet itself makes it easier than ever to reach a wider audience and sell art to a wide variety of potential customers.
There are many popular ways to display art online: a blog, an image gallery, and a traditional web page. A blog is an outstanding way to talk about your art, your creative process in general and also to promote art online for sale. An image gallery is a very useful tool because it allows you to share many different photos and gives potential buyers an opportunity to see your style displayed across different subjects and mediums if you have a variety of these. A traditional website is often a static page, meaning it does not change or update itself like a blog would.
Regardless of what sort of way you choose, how to go about telling people about it is going to have a lot to do with the number of visitors your site gets. The higher the number of visitors the greater chance you have of impressing a potential buyer and the more opportunities you will have to sell your stock images. Make sure the descriptions of your work are as accurate as possible and include words that people might use to search for art online. This is one of the best things you can do to get your site noticed by the major search engines like Google. You can also actively promote your stock images online using social media sites like FaceBook and services like Twitter and Google Plus.
1. When you sell Indian stock images through free stock photography websites, you are not selling the photo; you are selling the right to use the photo. As the photographer, you retain the copyright to the photo and can sell it in more than one place and as many times as you want to.
2. In order to sell stock photos online successfully, you need to take the photos that others want. Look through magazines and browse some websites to get an idea of the kinds of photos that sell. Another good place to check is the stock photography websites.
3. Next you need to sign up as a contributor at the stock photography websites. There are several companies that will allow you to sell your stock photos online, so you will need to visit each website, read the guidelines, and sign up. Many of them require you to submit sample images before they will accept you as a contributor.
4. Once you have been accepted as a contributor of a stock photography website, you can add your images to their collection. Every photo you submit will be reviewed for quality, composition and content.
5. Adding appropriate keywords to your images is important when you are trying to sell stock photos online. When a potential buyer visits a royalty free stock photography website, they perform a search and any images that match the search terms will show up. Think about what customers would search for if they were looking for your image.
Just thinking of selling stock images is not enough, what is important is to do it and maintain momentum. So here is what you need to make it:
1. Self motivation
3. Business sense
4. Technical skills both in camera and off
5. Tons of regular uploads. Take whatever you think is a lot to produce each week, and add 50 to that number.
6. Good key words skills
7. Ability to set and reach hourly / daily / monthly / yearly goals
8. Lots of quality and variety
9. Quantity in addition to high quality
10. Patience, persistence
Published by Angie Turner on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Guardlyer on April 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Customgobos on June 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Reetika on May 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Reetika on July 11th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on January 18th 2012 | Business