Good Communication Skills, Better for Business
According to a survey conducted by the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Business School, good communication skills, including written and oral presentations, and an ability to work with others, are the main factors contributing to job success. Elaine Stolick, director of the Competency-Based Coaching program at Katz said that the primary thing recruiters look for in M.B.A. graduates is effective communication skills. It is an important factor in hiring a manager or promoting an employee to a management role.
If you want to get ahead in your career and move forward in your business, regardless of the industry you belong to, you need to arm yourself and your employees with effective business communication skills. Weak communication skills can sabotage professional development. However, many people and businesses do not give attention to communication skills development, and employees rarely receive training.
Why is good communication important?
It’s important that organisations provide business training services for their employees. Investing in employees’ growth leads to greater productivity, better customer service, higher team morale, and personal fulfilment. Here are some significant factors that describe the importance of good communication in the workplace:
• It’s at the heart of every organization.
• Everything being done in the workplace results from communication.
• Communicating effectively with people leads to success in both professional and personal lives.
• Good communication skills can reduce misunderstandings, errors, frustration, and conflict.
• Effective communication can influence every interaction in a positive way.
We see how communication creates an impact wherever and whenever it occurs. It is a learned skill that has the power to build or destroy. You can develop and master these business communication skills with the help of business communication consultants Black Isle Communications consultants are specialists in this field and offer training in various business communication skills, including business writing skills, influencing skills, presentation skills, social skills, meeting skills, and more.
Basic Communication Skills are Essential in Organisations
To improve the performance of your employees and your business, basic soft skills should be learned, practised, and developed. People tend to take for granted communication skills, without realising their significance in the workplace, and even in their personal lives. Here are some of the reasons why your employees have to possess effective communication skills.
• Are good listeners. They can repeat back what they have just heard with no problem recalling the message.
• Are courteous and respectful. They can clearly communicate their message in a direct manner.
• Can give feedback and compliments sincerely.
• Educate their listeners with the goal of informing the listener without sounding condescending, conceited, preachy or superior.
• Know how to connect with others. They mean what they say and express a genuine interest in others.
• Adapt their message to their audience. They recognize their listeners’ needs and tailor their messages to fit those needs.
• Make sure their body language and tone of voice match the message being conveyed.
• Select words carefully. They know that how it is said is as important as what is being said.
• Are aware of external distractions that may prevent them from hearing a message and work to remove those barriers.
John Arthur - About Author:
Black Isle Communications will help you improve your business communication skills, influencing skills, business writing and report writing skills with our communication consultants. We provide business training services, communication skills coaching and presentation skills training.
Published by Simon Dcruz on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Hipolit Jan on December 14th 2011 | Business
Published by Jonathan Latimer on February 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Andrew Sebastian on July 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Terrypa Sencio on February 5th 2012 | Business
Published by John Smith on June 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Poojarajput on June 1st 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on May 28th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on February 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Jose Torres on January 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Tim Robbin on December 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Jesse Wallace on May 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Greenbusiness on July 11th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on May 24th 2012 | Business
Published by James Wilson on April 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Annamawrick on December 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Carlos on February 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Nidhigupta on June 5th 2012 | Business