Good Communication Skills, Better for Business
According to a survey conducted by the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Business School, good communication skills, including written and oral presentations, and an ability to work with others, are the main factors contributing to job success. Elaine Stolick, director of the Competency-Based Coaching program at Katz said that the primary thing recruiters look for in M.B.A. graduates is effective communication skills. It is an important factor in hiring a manager or promoting an employee to a management role.
If you want to get ahead in your career and move forward in your business, regardless of the industry you belong to, you need to arm yourself and your employees with effective business communication skills. Weak communication skills can sabotage professional development. However, many people and businesses do not give attention to communication skills development, and employees rarely receive training.
Why is good communication important?
It’s important that organisations provide business training services for their employees. Investing in employees’ growth leads to greater productivity, better customer service, higher team morale, and personal fulfilment. Here are some significant factors that describe the importance of good communication in the workplace:
• It’s at the heart of every organization.
• Everything being done in the workplace results from communication.
• Communicating effectively with people leads to success in both professional and personal lives.
• Good communication skills can reduce misunderstandings, errors, frustration, and conflict.
• Effective communication can influence every interaction in a positive way.
We see how communication creates an impact wherever and whenever it occurs. It is a learned skill that has the power to build or destroy. You can develop and master these business communication skills with the help of business communication consultants Black Isle Communications consultants are specialists in this field and offer training in various business communication skills, including business writing skills, influencing skills, presentation skills, social skills, meeting skills, and more.
Basic Communication Skills are Essential in Organisations
To improve the performance of your employees and your business, basic soft skills should be learned, practised, and developed. People tend to take for granted communication skills, without realising their significance in the workplace, and even in their personal lives. Here are some of the reasons why your employees have to possess effective communication skills.
• Are good listeners. They can repeat back what they have just heard with no problem recalling the message.
• Are courteous and respectful. They can clearly communicate their message in a direct manner.
• Can give feedback and compliments sincerely.
• Educate their listeners with the goal of informing the listener without sounding condescending, conceited, preachy or superior.
• Know how to connect with others. They mean what they say and express a genuine interest in others.
• Adapt their message to their audience. They recognize their listeners’ needs and tailor their messages to fit those needs.
• Make sure their body language and tone of voice match the message being conveyed.
• Select words carefully. They know that how it is said is as important as what is being said.
• Are aware of external distractions that may prevent them from hearing a message and work to remove those barriers.
John Arthur - About Author:
Black Isle Communications will help you improve your business communication skills, influencing skills, business writing and report writing skills with our communication consultants. We provide business training services, communication skills coaching and presentation skills training.
Published by Anoshan on July 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Popcornplaza on April 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on January 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Macjohn on August 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Cody on June 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Meghnath Kumar on July 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Bennet on April 7th 2012 | Business
Published by John Smith on June 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Ankit Pandey on December 5th 2011 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Genevieve Ackles on February 15th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on July 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Guardlyer on March 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Nidhigupta on July 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Aalam Thomus on December 26th 2011 | Business
Published by Wills Loren on March 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Maloufsaus on August 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Loo821ql on January 10th 2012 | Business