Things to Consider when Buying a Car
Buying a new car is a major purchase with major amounts of money leaving your pocket. Ask an honest car salesman and he will tell you that he is trying to get his potential customers to buy something they don’t really need. Ask a dishonest salesman and he won’t tell you why. That about sums it up plus it opens the door for all kinds of scam artists to try to use tricks to get you to buy a new car. Arm yourself with all the information you can when buying a new car. Here are some tips:
· There are some classic scams that car salespeople use to get you to sign the dotted line on a sales contract. Get on the internet and see what these scams are. Car salespeople are probably the most persuasive type of salesmen/women (most tend to be men) that you will come across. It is very tempting to give into their hype.
· Don’t be afraid to say “No.”
· If there is ONE thing you don’t like about a car – don’t buy it. That one thing will bug you down the road as you make those expensive car payments and the honeymoon has worn off. Often, people find the need to purchase another car than keep mending the current one, because of their poor decision making when purchasing the existing one.
· Don’t give the salesperson a feel for what you like and don’t like. Don’t get too personal with the salesperson. Scam and con artists are skilled at getting into you head and detecting something you have an emotional or preference stake in. Keep focused on buying a car and try to avoid the small talk with the salesperson.
· How much is that car really going to cost you in terms of maintenance, insurance, and fuel? There are web sites where you can get this information. Another bit of knowledge to arm yourself with is knowing how much that car loan is going to cost you in terms of interest.
· Check your credit report and correct any errors that may be there. It will help to get your loan approved faster.
· Read reviews on various cars and educate yourself before going to the car lot. The internet has a wealth of information resources for buying new cars.
· Today, there are many places where you can purchase a car. There are classifieds in your local newspapers, local car dealerships, car magazines, the internet, with a huge array of sites, also offers many great deals. Ebay is also an increasingly popular destination to find cars and not necessarily just to from it. Ebay can also be used for researching the car you are looking to buy. You can use it to gain an idea of how much cars in general go for based on your specifications and conditions. There are many, many new listings every hour that you can browse through to help find your new car.
Published by Mary Porter on June 26th 2012 | Recreation
Published by Ema Sis on August 21st 2012 | Auto
Published by John on February 2nd 2012 | Auto
Published by Hiteshbhoi on December 6th 2011 | Auto
Published by Hiteshbhoi on December 7th 2011 | Auto
Published by Virali on February 28th 2012 | Auto
Published by Amit Sachdeva on March 15th 2012 | Auto
Published by Ema Sis on June 19th 2012 | Auto
Published by Amanda Mattcutt on January 25th 2012 | Auto
Published by Virali on April 27th 2012 | Auto
Published by Julia Bennet on January 22nd 2012 | Auto
Published by Dany on April 24th 2012 | Auto
Published by Ema Sis on July 16th 2012 | Auto
Published by Michel John on March 20th 2012 | Recreation
Published by Virali on December 28th 2011 | Auto