Home Remedies for PMS, Effective Natural Treatment
A combination of emotional, psychological, physical and mood disturbances in women going through ovulation process is known as PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Some of the common symptoms of PMS may include anxiety, acne, mood changes, breast tenderness and swelling and abdominal bloating and cramps.
PMS Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for PMS which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the common home remedies for PMS are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for PMS is to eat food rich in fiber. This will help in getting rid of excess estrogen and toxins in the body. Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated.
2. Yoga is also one of the most effective home remedies for PMS. Yoga poses such as purna shalabhasana, bhujangasana, sputa baddha konasana and ardha shalabahasana can be very helpful in giving you relief from the symptoms of PMS.
3. Consume food rich in calcium such as milk, cottage cheese, yogurt and other dairy products. This will be of great help in treating PMS.
4. Aloe vera juice is also very helpful in treating PMS. All you need to do is take five teaspoons of aloe vera juice. Now take two teaspoons of honey and mix it in this aloe vera juice. Consume this mixture two times in a day for the next forty day.
5. Borage oil or evening primrose oil are rich source of omega-6 fatty acid and be very helpful in treating women suffering from the symptoms of PMS.
6. Consume fresh vegetables and fruits and whole grains. They all are rich in complex carbohydrates.
7. If you are suffering from bloating during PMS then fennel seeds, dandelion, green tea and peppermint can be of real help. These natural herbs not only reduce bloating but also reduce mood swings, anxiety, depression and other emotional PMS symptoms.
8. Take some black pepper and lemon grass and make a cold infusion out of them. Consume two to four oz of this infusion to get relief from the symptoms of PMS.
9. Agnus cactus can also be very beneficial in treating PMS. It is an herbal remedy which is considered to be one of the most effective and safest home remedies for PMS.
10. Take some warm water in a cup and then add five grams of ajwain and small piece of jaggery in it. Consume this mixture two to three times in a day. This is a very effective remedy for curing PMS.
11. Try to avoid consumption of alcohol, aerated drinks, coffee, tea and smoking as they can make your condition worse.
12. Cramp bark can be very helpful in giving relief from the pain, muscle tension and spasms. Just take a glass of warm water and then add thirty to sixty drops of it in this water. Now drink this solution. Those who are suffering from cardiovascular or heart diseases should not try this remedy.
13. Practicing meditation on daily basis can also be very helpful. This will help you to get relief from the stress and make you feel better.
These were some of the effective and popular home remedies for PMS which are safe to use and simple to try at home.
Published by Dion Cole on July 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on March 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Alice R. Barrie on December 21st 2011 | Alternative Medicine
Published by Rosemaryharris19 on April 2nd 2012 | Health
Published by Johnstuard on February 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Julia Roger on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Whitney on July 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Alex Gabrial on January 3rd 2012 | Alternative Medicine
Published by Annalopez on March 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Tasha Peach on January 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Findahealth on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Camili on June 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Makjonson on December 22nd 2011 | Health
Published by Makjonson on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Fitness Watcher on February 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Jamessms on April 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Blossom Dana on December 19th 2011 | Health
Published by Ajay on July 6th 2012 | Health