Home Remedies for Hives That Give Amazing Results
Hives is a skin condition in which patches and rings are formed all over the body. There are certain factors which can cause hives such as allergies, exposure to extreme weather and sweat. Some of the common symptoms of hives are red and inflamed welts or wheals, appearance and disappearance of welts, burning or stinging sensation and formation of single welt or group of welts on large area of skin.
Hives Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for hives which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for hives which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for hives is to use vitamin E oil. All you need to do is apply vitamin E oil on the affected region of your body twice daily.
2. Calamine lotion is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for hives. Just apply it on the hives affected area and you will get relief from the itching and it will also slow down the inflammation.
3. Aloe vera gel is also very effective in treating hives. Cut an aloe vera leaf and use its extract on the hives affected area.
4. In order to get relief from itching and irritation you should try using milk of magnesia. Just take a cotton ball and soak it in milk of magnesia. Now dab this cotton ball on the affected area.
5. Using cool compression on hives affected area is also very beneficial in treating symptoms of hives. It will give you relief from the itching.
6. Avoid food which can cause allergies and trigger the symptoms of hives in you. Avoid food like cheese, eggs, shellfish, chocolates, berries, nuts, strawberries, tomatoes, peanuts and many more.
7. Take a cup filled with water and then boil it. Now add a tablespoon of oatmeal in it and then wait for half an hour to allow it to steep. Strain the mixture and soak a cotton ball in it. Dab this cotton ball on the affected area. This home remedy is very effective in treating hives.
8. Herbal teas of passion flower, peppermint, chamomile and catnip can be very helpful in giving relief from the symptoms of hives. All you need to do is drink any one of these herbal teas to get relief from the symptoms of hives.
9. Boil a cup of water and the add two teaspoon of stinging nettle powder in it. You can add few drops of lemon or one teaspoon of honey in this tea for flavor. Drinking this tea will help in healing the hives.
10. Consuming food rich in vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc can be very helpful in treating hives.
11. Take a cup filled with water and then add two teaspoons of turmeric powder in it. Drinking this mixture on daily basis will prove to be quite effective in treating hives.
These were some of the most effective home remedies for hives which are simple, cost-effective and safe.
Published by Johngilsons on February 28th 2012 | Health
Published by James Blee on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Greame Shaun on June 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Josekohle Kohle on February 6th 2012 | Alternative Medicine
Published by Mitchell Davis on April 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Emiley David on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Rockeysheen01 on January 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Maryam Keon on December 26th 2011 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Mike Bate on May 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Harold Spencer on June 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Mary Porter on July 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Peter Wilson on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on June 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Joshua C Kozak on April 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on July 20th 2012 | Health