Maternity Clothing 101: Comfort and Style
Together with her 3-year-old daughter Seraphina, Hollywood actress Jennifer Garner indulged herself in some pampering and relaxation at a salon before her due date. Dressed in simple maternity jeans, a gray top, and a chunky knit cardigan for her mother-daughter day out, with her highlighted hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, she appeared to be dressing for comfort during the late stages of her pregnancy.
To debut her expanding belly, actress Sienna Miller displays her pregnancy shape in a flowing black gown at the Changing Face of Beauty Event at the Park Avenue Armory in New York. Excited with her first child due this July, she effortlessly flaunts her stunning pregnant look in a floor-length black dress, fitted tight around her growing stomach, with demure splits up to her knees.
Actress Alyson Hannigan enjoys being pregnant because she gets to shop for new clothes. Looking happy and refreshed, she left a Beverly Hills boutique beaming with a slew of shopping bags filled with pregnancy clothes. She hasn’t had luck finding clothes that fit her but this maternity clothing shopping spree seemed to have work.
Tips on Pregnancy Clothes
Pregnant women, especially the first-time Mums, are both excited and anxious. They know that more physical and emotional changes are about to come. The most obvious is the growing belly, which means a need for new clothes. But the question is: how and when do Mums-to-be start buying and wearing new clothes. Pregnancy is a perfect time to don on a new fashion style or enhance your glowing look. Here are some tips to help you make a maternity fashion statement throughout your pregnancy:
• Unless you’re expecting multiple babies, you can hold off your shopping for pregnancy clothes until the second trimester.
• Shop at maternity clothing stores because their staffs are more knowledgeable when choosing the type of maternity clothes you need. If you have a favourite clothing store, check out their maternity line if available because it’s likely that you’ll like the style.
• Go for quality wear that will last and can stretch with you throughout your pregnancy period.
• Choose stretchable clothes with fabric that doesn’t appear stretched.
• Buy and wear something that will not only look good on you but also clothes that will make you feel great.
• When you buy clothes, don’t buy according to size but focus on the fit. This means you have to try the clothes on.
• Don’t hide your growing tummy by squeezing into your regular or pre-pregnancy clothes.
• Don’t wear horizontal-striped designs if you don’t want to look bigger than you are.
• Dress up and show off your pregnant body.
• Pick shoes with no heels and have thick soles for comfort.
• Choose sandals with adjustable straps for swollen feet.
Being pregnant gives you more reasons to dress up and dress well. Don’t give up on fashion and style just because you’re pregnant. Maternity clothing should show off your radiance because you’re going to be a Mum. Be fashionable, be comfortable, and be proud to be pregnant.
John Arthur - About Author:
Maternity clothes perfect throughout your pregnancy and breastfeeding months. OKSA maternity wear is a collection of garments that can be used as pregnancy clothes and breastfeeding clothes to flatter any female form. Visit Oksa Breastfeeding & Maternity Wear and buy maternity clothing that you want.
Published by JOHNNYVASQUEZ on August 10th 2012 | Women
Published by EUGENECHAMBERS on August 7th 2012 | Women
Published by Toyoki on July 9th 2012 | Women
Published by JOHNNYVASQUEZ on July 27th 2012 | Women
Published by Waks Wigs on June 28th 2012 | Women
Published by EDDIEVAUGHN on June 16th 2012 | Women