Top Ten Myths about Business Class Airlines
Each airline has its own peculiar rules pertaining to purchase of air tickets, upgrading tickets to business class as also getting the most attractive air fares. Due to the absence of a uniform standardized procedure amongst airline companies, there is a lot of confusion and myths about air tickets.
Here are the top ten myths widely prevalent about business class airlines:
1. There are occasions when you do get a bargain offer at the last minute on a business class airline. This is an exception and not the norm. However, the best fares can be had only on advance purchases. In fact, you should check out sales that invariably appear on Wednesdays.
2. On few low cost airlines it is possible to alter the name on a ticket if you pay a fee. But this will not be acceptable with majority of airlines - more so, for international travel. Read the rules before you buy and do not be misled by the travel agent.
3. As regards reservation, you can book up to a year in advance. But for anything beyond 365 days, you can at best make a request, but you will wait for it to get confirmed and there is no guarantee against price escalation.
4. Some charter airlines, and low cost airlines may allow you to upgrade a ticket to first class for a nominal fee but the price difference may not always be attractive.
5. There is a belief that one airline company will accept tickets from another airline company if you are traveling between the same airports - But it is important that you check whether the airline you are booked has a ticketing arrangement with other airlines and if they will endorse your ticket for travel with another airline.
6. There is a myth that if you stay over a Saturday night for obtaining the best airfare - This can not be described as the standard for securing a lower price for your ticket. International travel does usually have a minimum stay requirement but for domestic flights, Saturday night makes no difference.
7. It is known that airlines companies offer discounts or special airfares if the travel is associated with bereavement and/or other family emergencies. Though many airlines offer discounts for this type of travel, most low cost airlines do not. Besides, this type of discount is offered for travel wholly on one airline. You will not be able to travel on several airlines and secure this type of concessional airfare.
8. You have the choice of booking a one way ticket, instead of a roundtrip - This may be generally true on domestic travel but not on international flights. Several countries will refuse visitors entry into their respective countries without proof of a roundtrip ticket.
9. There is a popular misconception that an airlines company can change a ticket booked through a travel agency. The travel agency will obviously own the file and may have ticket rules that airline reservation agents will have no access to. It is also likely that you may have been booked on more than one airline with specific flight routing that got you the airfare you wanted.
10. Please know that you cannot change/refund tickets bought through a wholesale outlet or a bucket shop. As these tend to be highly discounted tickets, changes or cancellations are seldom allowed. The seats are often bought in bulk from the airline companies and the airfares are not accessible to airline reservation agents.
Jessica Williams - About Author:
International Travelling especially from USA to various destinations is offered at a discounted rate for business class American Airlines by iflybusiness.com. Our extraordinary customer service matched with business class travel will ensure that you enjoy your flight journey.
Published by Jessica Williams on December 15th 2011 | Travel
Published by Jessica Williams on December 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by Wsidbs on January 6th 2012 | Travel
Published by Jessica Williams on February 7th 2012 | Travel
Published by Manhattan Livery on January 6th 2012 | Travel
Published by Mary Porter on July 14th 2012 | Travel
Published by Joel Jensen on March 9th 2012 | Travel
Published by Akansha on December 3rd 2011 | Travel
Published by Adryana Bygger on May 2nd 2012 | Travel
Published by Assignmentboard on April 6th 2012 | Travel
Published by Shaz Memon on February 29th 2012 | Travel