Oxfordshire : a Must See for Any Body Touring England
England is a country which is spotted with counties, many of which date back to the early years of the 10th century and have a medieval feeling. Oxfordshire comes as a special mention in its list of counties for its natural endowments, architectural specimens of the medieval century and for its cultural history. Its geographical extension covers the River Thames to the south, the Cotswolds to the west, and the Chilterns to the east and the Midlands to the north.
In this region there is a prominent concentration of some of the topmost colleges, oldest universities, performance motors port companies of the world and mind-blowing tourist attractions. Whoever touring England cannot afford to miss the places the county has in offer because these are certainly worth-seeing. In 1972 The Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society came into being which is a storehouse for learning the history, architecture, and archaeology of the city of Oxfordshire.
Reasons for Touring Oxfordshire
Not only does the beauty of unspoilt landscapes and splendid view of the hills surrounding this city allures people from every corner of the world to visit Oxfordshire but one can also get completely mesmerised after visiting the historical buildings that this city has in plenty The Oxfordshire Tourist Guide gives detailed information of every nook and corner ranging from the must see-places, hotel accommodations and holiday cottages, food joints and restaurants, transport options, camping sites and many more.
This handbook is well-planned and systematic and is very helpful for those who are planning a visit to this part of England for the first time. In order to give an idea of the grandness and uniqueness of this place some of the noted worth seeing places must be mentioned:
• The Oxford University : Oxfordshire can proudly boast for having one of the premier universities in the world which is also the oldest university in the English speaking world. It has a beautiful campus which can be seen from the Carfax tower. It has many colleges under its direct affiliation. The dreaming spires of the buildings of Oxford add to its grandeur and beauty.
• Blenheim Palace :This place has great historical importance as it is the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and is a World Heritage Site. One of England’s greatest palace and has a great history attached to it. It is certainly a must-see hotels in oxfordshire.
• Christ Church : As the name suggests this church is a prominent place of worship since the 7th century. The cathedral that exists now has the tomb of St Frideswide. It is a unique example of marvellous sculpting and splendid blend of artistry.
• Banbury museum : It is situated in north Oxfordshire and its administration is looked after by the Cherwell District Council. The objects in its display clearly highlight the history of the city. Houses 17th century costumes.
• Abingdon County Hall Museum : It is beautifully built and has permanent collections.
Published by Harley Steve on November 25th 2011 | Travel
Published by on March 9th 2012 | Travel
Published by Abhinav Verma on July 5th 2012 | Travel
Published by Glyn Jones on December 20th 2011 | Travel
Published by Max Planck on July 3rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Michael Furret on July 6th 2012 | Travel
Published by Charlie Czar on July 27th 2012 | Travel
Published by Excel Booking on December 9th 2011 | Travel
Published by Ashish Pandey on March 3rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Charlie Czar on August 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Julia Bennet on December 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by Jinni on March 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Jassica Mukherjee on January 2nd 2012 | Travel
Published by Julia Roger on December 16th 2011 | Travel
Published by Roger Nash on January 19th 2012 | Travel
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 21st 2012 | Travel
Published by Julia Ana on June 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Kullu Manalli on August 22nd 2012 | Travel
Published by Aliwal Tond on February 7th 2012 | Travel
Published by Azel Bailey on July 7th 2012 | Travel