Advantages of External Software Testing v/s In-house Software Testing
A recent shift that has been noticed is the development of internal testing departments within companies, rather than outsourcing to 3rd party companies.
In-house testing turns out more time consuming and in the long run increases over head for companies, as they need to create a “fit” within their company pyramid. In the long run though it seems to be cost effective for companies to have an in-house set up there are challenges to the same. Although data can generally be collected quickly from within, there are many barriers to success, such as restrictions of time, internal issues and conflicts, and a lack of specific technology. Such factors can hinder a company’s efforts towards creating a testing department.
While internal testing could be good for the organisation, it sometimes inadvertently cuts corners and in turn affecting the desired results and hamper important decisions that would be based on the test results.
On the other end, Outsourcing user testing to specialist agencies can deliver the benefit of results being generated in an unbiased environment, with industry specialists who usually have better experience, exposure and knowledge. External testing would take in account the over-all end to end view and deliver an unbiased and accurate view of the results based on the “requirements” posted by the company.
We refer below the benefits outsourcing of testing along with the advantages an organization would derive:
• Certified, experienced and trained consultants: The organization straightaway gets the benefits of having the product tested by certified and experienced consultants.
• Test Automation expertise: A two-fold advantage of having the test cycles automated by test automation experts with a total end to end testing done in optimum time.
• Domain expertise: Minimal time for specific knowledge transfer as the experts derive the same fro the requirement documentation provided by the customer.
• Test data management expertise: Test data critical to replicate the real time scenarios becomes easily accessible.
• Services delivered with a quick turnaround time: Advantage of having the testing activity getting completed in time. Fast turnaround time also leads to on time “Go To Street “strategy enabling the company to adhere to the strategic entry.
• Engineering approach to software testing: Professional approaches followed to get the work done.
• Flexibility - team size can be increased based on customer requirement: No hassles for maintaining the team strength as its handled by the outsourced company
• Faster adaptability: Multiple applications of different domains can be simultaneously tested without extra burden to the organization.
• World-class experience: The better the outsourced company the better world class experience you gain working with them
• Reasonable prices: Cost effective business models available with the outsourcing company.
• Access to cutting-edge technologies.
• Flexible business models: You can manage your finances for the project utilizing the flexible business models available with the outsourced company
• Expertise in using a wide range of tools for defect tracking, automation and test management helps in generating industry standards reporting methodologies and accurate analysis.
Milind Shroff - About Author:
SPEC-INDIA, leading offshore software company in India offers testing services like Application Software Testing, Software Testing Automation and Software Performance Testing.
Published by Tony Smith on January 2nd 2012 | Software
Published by Jon on February 10th 2012 | Software
Published by Amperesoftware on May 31st 2012 | Software
Published by Terry Littrell on June 15th 2012 | Software
Published by Anand Kumar on December 30th 2011 | Software
Published by Robert Woodard on May 14th 2012 | Software
Published by Josejames on June 6th 2012 | Software
Published by LizaFox on May 1st 2012 | Software
Published by Jon on February 15th 2012 | Software
Published by Terry Littrell on May 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Marshal on March 5th 2012 | Software
Published by LizaFox on June 4th 2012 | Software
Published by Siketich Simon on March 23rd 2012 | Software
Published by Philip Fransis on March 20th 2012 | Software
Published by Sigma Solve LLC on July 18th 2012 | Software
Published by Jay Donaldson on March 29th 2012 | Computer
Published by Anoop TU on May 31st 2012 | Software
Published by Anoop TU on April 12th 2012 | Software
Published by Isol on January 9th 2012 | Software
Published by Anand Kumar on March 20th 2012 | Software