The Fun of Valentines Day
Valentine's Day celebrates love in the most romantic and fascinating fashion. Across the World people celebrate the day by expressing love for their soul mate. Following the tradition they exchanged cards, chocolates and flowers between lovers. When it comes to celebration then there are many Parties and get-togethers are organized in several places to give people an opportunity to express love for their sweet hart and have lots of fun. Children’s also enjoy the festival by including themselves in Valentine's Day Craft activities or making cards for friends.
Here is the most enjoyable and unbelievable collection of Valentine's Day Fun Facts. Share these fun facts with your friends to show his or her amazing reaction on this Valentine Day.
• About one billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged in each year.
• Women’s and girls purchase 85% of all Valentines Day cards.
• Parents receive one out of every five Valentines Day cards.
• Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are the biggest holidays for exchanging flowers.
• Worldwide, over fifty million red roses are given for Valentine's Day each year.
• 70 percent of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 30 percent are women.
• Boys and Men’s buy most of the millions of boxes of candy and bouquets of flowers given on Valentine's Day.
• Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentines Day candy box in the late 1800s.
• Alexander Graham Bell was applied for his patent on the telephone, an "Improvement in Telegraphy", on Valentine's Day, 1876.
Valentine's Day Superstitions:
In ancient history it is said that the kind of bird a girl seen on Valentine's Day then it predicts her future husband. For example if she seen a
Sparrow: a poor man
Owl: remain spinster
Bluebird: a happy man
Blackbird: a priest or clergyman
• If an apple is cut in half, the number of seeds found inside the fruit will indicate the number of children that individual will have.
• To be awoken by a kiss on Valentine's Day is considered lucky.
• If you see a squirrel on Valentine's Day, you will marry a cheapskate who will hoard all your money.
• If you see a goldfinch on Valentine's Day, you will marry a millionaire.
• If you see a robin on Valentine's Day, you will marry a crime fighter - maybe they mean Batman!
• If you see a flock of doves on Valentine's Day, you will have a happy, peaceful marriage.
• If you find a glove on the road on Valentine's Day, your future beloved will have the other missing glove.
Dharmsingh - About Author:
Send flowers to India or International for Valentines day from Fnp.com. Ferns N Petals is the leading online florists in India which provides Valentines Day Gifts and Valentines Day flowers with affordable price and express home delivery services in India or aboard.
Published by Mary Porter on June 20th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Smithwitwiki on March 9th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Roger Black on November 28th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Roger Black on December 14th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Dany on April 24th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Daniel Joseph on March 23rd 2012 | Shopping
Published by Patrick Coal on January 30th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Max007 on January 19th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Jack Williams on December 8th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Roger Black on February 6th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Adair Sawyer on January 5th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Roger Black on December 5th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Patrick Coal on December 29th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Emilyrobinson on March 9th 2012 | Shopping
Published by John Edwards on April 16th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 4th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Brayden Cook on November 30th 2011 | Shopping
Published by Ema Sis on June 26th 2012 | Shopping
Published by Patrick Coal on December 21st 2011 | Shopping
Published by Thomasgalvin on February 7th 2012 | Shopping