It is all about Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing is one of the major challenges that a house owner has to encounter; it can create major problems, if not done correctly. For the residents of the United States, basement waterproofing allows you to do many things; but having a proper basement is the prime necessity.
If anybody wishes to go for waterproofing new york, the best time is after the building of foundation. Waterproofing the basement immediately upon building ensure the long last life of the building. Moreover, this time is ideal for basement waterproofing as every nook and corners can be reached, before they are closed for construction purposes. For those who have a very old house, they must check the basement thoroughly before doing the waterproofing job. For residents of New Jersey, it is best to hire basement waterproofing new jersey services for effective results.
There are two main ways of waterproofing:
• External basement waterproofing.
• Interior basement waterproofing.
These two techniques are explained below for a better understanding.
• Tanking is a very common way of external waterproofing. This is the process in which a bonding agent or substance is applied on the outer walls of the basement. This must be done while the home is being constructed.
• Outside drainage system is another way of external waterproofing. In this process, the basement is built in slanting manner towards the sump pump of the home. A plastic honeycomb membrane is applied over the walls and floor of the basement for quick absorption of moisture.
• In case of internal waterproofing, a sealant is used on the floors and walls to the basement in order to prevent seeping of moisture and water. It is oftentimes recommended by professionals to go for both external and internal waterproofing for getting the best results.
Since, the basement is the foundation of the house; it is highly advisable to take proper care of it. Hiring experienced professionals will be the best option for this purpose.
Published by Chris Adam on December 21st 2011 | Home
Published by Kate Morgan on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Oleg Vasyliychuk on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Andy Brisebois on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Mehrdad Hadjikhan on August 25th 2012 | Home
Published by Donna Livingston on August 24th 2012 | Home
Published by Johndy Sons on August 24th 2012 | Home