The Importance of Including School Students into the Community Services
We human are social beings who cannot live an isolated life out of the community. A community is developed out of mutual respect for each other. The community comes just next to our home life where we learn to grow and develop socially. The development of human beings is the result of the centre of activities in the community. People who share a common geographical area, a common value system, common needs and interest form a community.
The community ensures security to its habitants by providing different services. In turn, it is the duty of the members of the community to offer some kids of services to it. It is also very important to make the children aware of the community around them. The schools can play a great role in infusing community spirit among its students. In fact the school is itself a community where students, teachers and other members share the common goal of enlightening the lives with the light of knowledge. Community services in schools can teach students the basic character and history of their community. It also makes them feel that they are the members of a particular group.
School always encourages students to take part in extra-curricular activities. If these activities are connected to the community services, they can give a new dimension to the education system. Such activities help the students to develop a healthy relation not only with their peers, but with other members of their social group. These teach kids to develop a sense of civic pride and responsibility. There are various school community activities that can be used to involve students in the services of the society. Some of them are briefly discussed below:-
1. Clean up the Community- Organizing a school and cleaning up campaign can be a good idea to grow a sense of belongingness among students. Students can carry garbage bags to sort different recyclable and non-recyclable garbage from the bins. This would also help in creating environmental awareness among students
2. Plant a Tree- Planting trees is local parks and school ground is another kind of such activity. Students can raise funds for that from the members of the society itself. They also can make groups who will take care of the plants after the plantation is done so that they can be grown into big green trees
3. Cultural Show- To raise awareness among the common folk, the cultural programs like puppetry shows, dance shows and dance drama can be performed by the children of the school
4. Art Show- Students from visual arts classes can hold an outdoor exhibit on the weekends on the lawn outside the school or at a community center or local park. They also can select a particular theme for the art show that deals with some social issues
5. Community Volunteering- Children of a particular school can volunteer different activities held in the community level. Such volunteering is also beneficial for them as they can learn the communication skills from such activities
Communities may vary in size and in the complexity of inner relationships between its members. But it works as a shield to protect its members. By involving kids to the community services, we at least can strengthen our social bonds with each other.
OSA Webmaster8 - About Author:
This article has been written and posted by the team of OnlineSchoolAdmissions - a portal that provides free of cost consultancy to parents and schools for fast and easy online school admission process. Parents can locate international schools in noida or Hansraj School of their choice selected from the directory of schools listed on the site and applies to them. They can also search for hansraj smarak school dilshad garden as per their choice and fill up the school application forms online.
Published by Strausandrew on July 30th 2012 | Education
Published by Frederick D on February 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Gooddrivers on March 5th 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-languages on August 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Todd Fernando on February 21st 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-schools on June 19th 2012 | Education
Published by Donna Summer on January 27th 2012 | Education
Published by Jasina on March 1st 2012 | Education
Published by Morkalshane on July 9th 2012 | Education
Published by Jon Dudley on August 17th 2012 | Education
Published by Glyn Jones on January 10th 2012 | Education
Published by Billy Dawson on January 6th 2012 | Education
Published by Reginald Juan on March 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Manjeet Singh on July 27th 2012 | Education
Published by Pooja Sharma on December 9th 2011 | Education
Published by Johnsmith on December 27th 2011 | Education
Published by Anuska Kiran on February 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Phineasrodney on January 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Jones Martin on February 21st 2012 | Education
Published by Leo Steven on March 5th 2012 | Education