Six Innovative Technologies in Education
In the next five years, education will benefit more than ever on innovation. A total of six technologies revolutionize higher education, some in full development and others already implemented. One of the main objectives is that it can work, learn and study when you want and where you want . To do this, ask students to form in digital disciplines and meet ongoing experiences in other universities.
Six technologies that will revolutionize higher education include.
1. Applications for mobile devices. The applications or apps for mobile phones are becoming more numerous. No wonder, therefore, that the university creates your bet on. The iPhone and Android apps are useful both for teaching different subjects to integrate into campus life, through maps or other tools to access information about courses and events at the university.
2. Tablets : These devices allow, on a larger than a mobile phone but smaller than a laptop, storing students' course materials, digital textbooks and other useful resources. "One advantage of these devices, the report said Horizon, is that "students and teachers, using the same hardware and software experience and share audio, video and other learning materials."
3. Game-based learning : One of the peculiarities of the games are the levels. You cannot go to the next until it dominates the previous one. This mode of operation stimulates the interest of students, who motivates and helps improve the understanding of the subject matter.
4. Analytical learning : Highlights materialize because the learning needs of students. By crossing data, produce patterns that favor the design of appropriate training to students. Teachers get valid information to learn the skills of the students or their difficulties and, thus, better organize classes according to this picture.
5. Gesture-based computing : reactions to pressure, the movement, the number and direction of the fingers, the inclinations, the agitation or devices that interpret gestures or sign language and voice recognition are examples of this type of computing.
6. Internet of Things : Known as the "Internet of Things" is based on Smart Objects. It is one of the technologies that will take to implement, since it requires that objects have sensors connected to networks and transmitters of information instantly.
With the application of these technologies will expand the possibilities of mobility and allow students to work, learn and study from anywhere. These technologies have been identified through a process of discussion held on a platform, where he launched several questions about the technologies considered key trends and future challenges in each country.
From the responses, it is understood the need to rethink the roles of educators, but also students. They should acquire digital skills to effectively use technology, whose implementation is expected within a maximum of five years, and become familiar with these through knowledge of experiences implemented in other universities.
Published by Mary Porter on June 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by John Botha on December 14th 2011 | Education
Published by Sanchita Kumari on March 30th 2012 | Education
Published by Albert Xavier on December 19th 2011 | Education
Published by RAMKY on July 31st 2012 | Education
Published by Manjeet Singh on July 27th 2012 | Education
Published by Vikas Purohit on March 15th 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-languages on August 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Ary on May 3rd 2012 | Education
Published by Nikkita Singh on July 17th 2012 | Education
Published by on January 21st 2012 | Education
Published by Anushka Kapoor on January 17th 2012 | Education
Published by Mukesh Kumar on February 1st 2012 | Education
Published by Anil on December 27th 2011 | Education
chance of being considered for higher-level positions and the self...
Published by Albert Xavier on December 26th 2011 | Education
Published by Rob Colbourn on December 19th 2011 | Education
Published by Jeff Thomson on January 24th 2012 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on January 19th 2012 | Education
Published by SharonThomas on June 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-schools on June 19th 2012 | Education