How to Teach Values to your Kids
Indian society is covered with values. Values in Indians are reflected through their lifestyle. For them the most important thing of all is values. In fact, many people in India judge others with their values. It is not something hereditary, but we learn it seeing our parents and elders. Sometimes, teaching values to the kids also become required. Therefore, here are some tips to teach values to your kids:
1. Since every kid loves to hear stories of their parents’ childhood. So, try to tell them stories that are related to values. Stories of life are effective for your kids especially at bed time. It also helps you to make them fall asleep with the stories twirling inside and around them.
2. Kids are good in imitating others, especially their elders. They learn what they see at home. They are very expert at observing the match between what you do and what you say. They also easily find it out if they find any kind of dissimilarity in it. Therefore, do not give them any sort of signals that may confuse them and try to follow all your values every moment.
3. It is quite necessary to make your kids know that they are not alone. Guide your kids towards the spiritual beliefs so as to strengthen their values and give the parents a framework for their life.
4. Apart from family, kids also spend their time with their teachers, friends and coaches, and from every person they more or less learn something. So, you should also keep in contact with everybody they talk to in their daily life, so as to know the values and beliefs of those people.
5. In light family conversations, try to use dialogues that involve values in it. Try not to use the parental tone often as it creates a sense of disinterest in the children.
6. While watching Television, guide your children what to watch and what not to watch. Also try to fix a specific time when kids can watch Television and accompany them while watching it.
7. Practical exercises have always been effective for children. Let them experience it by helping others. Make them donate a portion of their saved money to the needy people, also try them to get involved with any charity work.
If you are a parent and searching for any school that gives almost all types important facilities to the students including few advices to parents as well, then do not be worried. Onlineschooladmissions is a site that introduces you to a number of schools that helps you to find a perfect school for your child where they will also be taught values through which they can learn many important things of life. An online admission agent, we do everything for you right from giving you a choice of schools in India through our online school directory to scheduling an interview for your child from a number of schools. Admissions couldn’t get easier, but then, that’s because OSA understands parental woes that crop up during admission and is dedicated to ease the load off your shoulders.
OSA Webmaster8 - About Author:
This article has been written and posted by the team of OnlineSchoolAdmissions - a portal that provides free of cost consultancy to parents and schools for fast and easy online school admission process. Parents can locate pinnacle school or central academy school of their choice selected from the directory of schools listed on the site and applies to them. They can also search for sahyadri school as per their choice and fill up the school application forms online.
Published by Todd Fernando on February 21st 2012 | Education
Published by Anuska Kiran on February 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Manjeet Singh on July 27th 2012 | Education
Published by Jasina on March 1st 2012 | Education
Published by Pooja Sharma on December 9th 2011 | Education
Published by Morkalshane on July 9th 2012 | Education
Published by Leo Steven on March 5th 2012 | Education
Published by Gooddrivers on March 5th 2012 | Education
Published by Sherry Root on December 24th 2011 | Education
Published by Rahul on July 2nd 2012 | Education
Published by Louis Philips on January 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Phineasrodney on January 13th 2012 | Education
Published by Jones Martin on February 21st 2012 | Education
Published by Reginald Juan on March 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Mary Porter on June 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Frederick D on February 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Billy Dawson on January 6th 2012 | Education
Published by Osa on January 19th 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-languages on August 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Esl-schools on June 19th 2012 | Education