San Diego - 10 Things to Do when You Visit City for the First Time
When people talk about the perfect vacation destination in near perfect weather conditions, with miles and miles of beautiful beaches and world class tourist attractions, San Diego, California always comes to mind. Following are 10 things to do in San Diego that should be included any visitor's TTD list.
1. First and foremost are the beautiful San Diego beaches which are absolutely amazing. You'll find dog friendly beaches, semi-private beaches and beaches that offer casual or world class surfing experiences. The charming towns that dot the area are also all worth visiting with their restaurants, cafes and trendy shops selling beautiful, handmade pottery and more.
2. Take your family out for the day to Sea World. Sea World is a great way to have fun, see some exciting shows starring your favorite sea creatures and also learn a bit. There are lots of aquatic exhibits to check out, shopping and dining and other fun venues to enjoy including roller coasters.
3. Discover the animals at the San Diego Zoo in it’s over 90 acres containing over 3,500 different species. It is educational and fun for the whole family. Everyone loves the San Diego zoo.
4. San Diego has huge ties to the Navy, and has for a long time. Step aboard the USS Midway and experience some of that history while exploring what is basically a floating city.
5. Visit one of San Diego's favorite historical spots; Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. The hotel was built more than 110 years ago and is one of the most popular landmarks in San Diego, on beautiful Coronado Island. Coronado Island has it all; beautiful beaches, restaurants, shops, everything you can expect from a San Diego lifestyle.
6. Legoland is a very unique and enjoyable park for anyone who loves Legos and who doesn't love Legos? It's fun for the whole family or for any Lego fan in general, filled with Lego sets perfectly sized for children and adults alike and tons of fun attractions within the park. What is more, you'll be able to find there special promotional packages or last minute deals too!
7. Seaport Village is a fun place to go and offers more than 14 beautiful acres of waterfront dining, shopping and entertainment venues in a stunning harbor side setting. You'll find 54 shops, at least 13 casual restaurants and 4 fine dining establishments with waterfront views.
8. Take a harbor cruise! Being on the coast you know that San Diego will have many aquatic venues, and one of the most enjoyable ones is taking a harbor cruise. Take in the ocean and get a great view of San Diego and its spectacular coastline on a cruise ship.
9. Trek around Balboa Park; explore the ancient architecture dotting its landscapes that was built nearly 100 years ago for the Panama/California exposition. Balboa Park offers some of the most spectacular views in all of San Diego and is a "must visit" for photographers.
10. San Diego's LaJolla (the jewel of San Diego) area is a picturesque seaside town that sits along the cliffs next to the coast. It has an eclectic variety of local shops and eating venues but the real star here is the cliffside aesthetics.
Erin King - About Author:
The author of this post is a travel writer. Sunshine, beaches, discount hotels, fun amusement parks and harbor cruises; what's not to love about San Diego? She visited USA last summer and and booked cheap hotels in San Diego online.
Published by Azel Bailey on July 7th 2012 | Travel
Published by Ethan Alden on July 16th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Max Planck on July 3rd 2012 | Destinations
Published by The Grand Sarwan on May 25th 2012 | Travel
Published by Carl Gannon on July 27th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Rachit Singh on November 25th 2011 | Travel
Published by Savannah Outen on May 28th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Julia Ana on June 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Driver Devil on April 21st 2012 | Destinations
Published by Charlie Czar on August 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Glyn Jones on June 24th 2012 | Travel
Published by Edna Purviance on December 6th 2011 | Travel
Published by Ashish Mittal on January 12th 2012 | Travel
Published by Kent Wrotham on November 29th 2011 | Travel
Published by Excel Booking on December 9th 2011 | Travel
Published by Max Planck on July 4th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Billy Johan on February 21st 2012 | Travel
Published by Ashish Mittal on February 11th 2012 | Travel
Published by AngeloEverton on March 14th 2012 | Travel
Published by Charlie Czar on May 30th 2012 | Travel