Online Degree in Nutshell
Gone are the days when we had to travel abroad or come out of our native to pursue higher education. There was a time when learning was limited to books and campus classes, but not anymore. Though they still exist but with an enormous development in technology, people they are changing their preferences and opting for online distance education. In 21st century usage of internet for education is not considered as taboo. Rather it has been proved to be of great help as it curtails the time of travelling and saves few dollars also.
You must have witnessed that now many individuals opt for work experience as soon as they finish their graduation, this is a great tactics as it gives you an exposure to corporate life and this makes a person more responsible for the position. But somewhere down the line graduation is not enough as everyone want to escalate the success ladder and in this case need for further education become a necessity. Here online education plays the part to smoothen the efforts of a person to work and as well as to pursue some masters programs. This process not only grooms the candidate but also add stars to his or her profile. Human Resource managers also seek the same from the candidates at the time of recruitment thus making it somehow mandatory in most of the fields of working.
Online education enables accredited higher learning for individuals having physical disabilities, busy full time employees, house parents, soldiers and for those living abroad. It enables to be flexible and to gather excellent knowledge as it does not restricts you to be at classroom to learn facts and figures. You can access it anytime within your comfort zone and as internet is more than a open book you can assemble huge learning experience surfing through web, forums and pdf which is also going to be provided as a program materials. You can connect to thousands of people through internet to troubleshoot the doubts. Thus online education becomes more comprehensive as compared to old model of education.
There are degrees pertaining arts, science and business based on subjects for online education. Let me lists of few online degree courses which you might get interested in opting for, they are:
• BBA in General Business
• Bachelor in Human Resource Management
• BBA in Marketing
• Bachelors in Accounting
• Masters in Accounting
• Masters in Business Administration
• Masters in Finance
• Bachelors of Arts in Foreign Language
• Masters in Psychology
• Masters in History
• Bachelors in organizational Behavior
• Masters in Computer Science
• Bachelors in Animation
• Masters in Computer Science
Following were the few subjects which an individual can opt for. It includes both degree and online master degree.
Individuals come across lot of universities which offers online education but there are few points which should be kept in mind while considering an institute for enrollment to pursue any desired programs. Let me discuss few basic criteria’s to pen down the suitable institute.
1. Online colleges post glitzy advertisement to attract students by promoting fake information of how easy it is to earn a degree from their institution. So better check the dropout rates and graduates. If the retention rates are low then it should be deleted from the list of prospects as there might be a problem with the way of learning and teaching too. Students must have become a victim of fault promotion.
2. Experience also matters a lot. It is not that easy for the institute also to pile up a good material and methodology to make individuals learn and to be best in the studies. It is suggested to check and verify the date when the institute was established and what is there curriculum of study. Name recognition is not enough; see if they have online recognition also from agencies and government bodies.
3. Caution is required for selecting an online masters degree. Gather information regarding their standard of practices for quality education. Check out the organization that has approved them to ensure their legitimacy.
A survey by the Distance Education and Training Council reported that 100% of employer felt that those who pursued online education have performed well at their work when compared to resident degree holder. This must has happened because of the better learning process which has been framed for the same and a person’s adaptability for the situation.
Although individual opting it will not be at traditional school, but online education has potential to provide real –world education with a bona fide appraisal. So just get an online degree and jet start for the professional world!
Mark Joshef - About Author:
Mark Joshef is an Passionate in the field of education and research. He has written many books on online education. Now he is telling his experience about online masters degree and Online Degree.
Published by Roger on January 24th 2012 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on December 7th 2011 | Education
Published by Albert Xavier on December 26th 2011 | Education
Published by Steve on March 30th 2012 | Education
Published by Rogar Mur on December 5th 2011 | Education
Published by Steve on November 28th 2011 | Education
Published by Aarti Vime on June 7th 2012 | Education
Published by Steve on February 7th 2012 | Education
Published by Steve on December 14th 2011 | Education
Published by Morkalshane on July 9th 2012 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on April 6th 2012 | Education
Published by Roger Pointing on December 15th 2011 | Education
Published by Steve on January 11th 2012 | Education
Published by Akhilesh Kumar Kaushik on March 19th 2012 | Education
Published by Adaxx on December 17th 2011 | Education
Published by Steve on April 18th 2012 | Education
Published by David Raju on May 16th 2012 | Education
Published by Harry Martin on April 19th 2012 | Education
Published by Anil on December 26th 2011 | Education
Published by Rita on March 27th 2012 | Education