Ultimate buying guide for men’s dress shirt
That time has long gone when dress shirts were considered to be only for executives or high-class rich people. Nowadays dress shirts have become the trend of the day, as everyone wants to wear dress or casual shirts, which fits their bodies. To look cool and distinctive from the crowd, people have started adorning dress shirts.
Whether you are an executive looking to build your wardrobe or you are a young man who needs a new dress shirt for new job. It can also be a case that wedding of your brother or friend is approaching and you want to look very awesome by wearing dress shirt, which suits your personality. Whatever the case is, this buying guide will give you ultimate insight of dress shirts buying.
1. Dress Shirt Fitting
Before going into the market to buy dress shirt, you must know your shirt size or what kind of fitting you prefer. There are two kinds of sizes of dress shirts, first is neck size and the second is sleeve length. Remember, loose fitted shirts are uncomfortable in wearing and also look odd in appearance. In order to get perfect fit, carefully measure you neck size and sleeve length. In dress shirt fitting there are further three kinds.
• First, one is athletic shirts; these shirts are for men who like tight fitting while showing their well-developed muscles.
• The second type is regular shirts; these shirts are normally called formal dress shirts as men with average body size in offices and other formal occasions wear them.
• Third type of shirt fitting is full shirts; these shirts are loosest of all dress shirts. Normally men with fat tummy or of large stature wear these shirts. Full shirts are also normally longer than other shirts. It totally depends on the wearer to determine which shirt fit suits him best, so wisely choose your shirt fitting.
2. Dress Shirt color
Right now, there are many kinds of colors and shades available in market such as stripes, prints or solids. Before choosing a color and shade of your choice, give a thought or two on the following points.
• If you want to buy a nice dress shirt for your office ware then just take a quick look over your office and check what kind shirts’ color and shades your colleagues usually wear. If most of them are wearing dark and soft colors then buying bright and sharp color shirt will look odd.
• Mostly in law and financial firms there are strict dress codes. However, in other offices there are many unspoken policies. Watch your manger or boss that what kind of shirts he wears. It depends on your intelligence level to determine what is right and what is wrong.
• It might also be the case that you are buying a new shirt because of the reason that you are going to have meeting with client, boss or have to give presentation in office. The occasion is big for you, so consider a color which suits the occasion.
• Keeping all things apart buy a shirt color in which you feel confident and self assured. Even if the whole office is wearing striped bright color shirts and you feel confident in plain white shirt then wear it.
3. Choosing appropriate style
If color is important for a dress shirt then its style is equally important. A nice dress shirt’s attributes are perfect collar, cuffs and pocket style. Right now in the market there are many dress shirts style available. Select wisely according to your personality, status and occasion.
In collars there are literally innumerable designs and styles. Most famous styles are: Straight-point collar is popular in English dress shirts with V-shaped points. Button-down collar is less formal in dress shirts as the collar is made of softer fabric. There are also many other collar types like spread, tab, club, pinned, etc.
Like collars there are many styles in cuffs. Mostly used cuff style is Barrel cuff, also known as button cuff. The other cuff style which is considered more formal is French or double cuff. It has fabric that is long and folds back and closed with cufflink or silk knot.
4. Choosing right Fabric.
Choosing right fabric for your shirt is one of the most difficult tasks. Only a person with experience can judge what is better for him. There are many shirt fabrics available in market ranging from cotton, linen to poplin and twill. Below, most popular dress shirt fabrics will be discussed.
• Cotton is most popular fabric as it is very soft and wearer feels very comfortable in it. It is cotton’s specialty that it holds dye well, so bright colors stay bright for long time.
• Cotton blend is also popular fabric and in it different fibers are woven with cotton which gives benefits of both fibers.
• Linen shirts are mostly used in summer season as they breathe well. Other popular fabrics are twill, oxford, poplin, broadcloth, etc.
In nutshell, it can be said that in order to buy a dress shirt one should carefully watch for dress shirt fitting, color, style and fabric. Always remember the rule of thumb that making well informed decisions in life are always beneficial in future.
Published by Jhones Kenly on June 26th 2012 | Clothing
Published by David Raju on August 22nd 2012 | Clothing
Published by Sunitakamboj on July 18th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Jhones Kenly on March 15th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Anirban on July 23rd 2012 | Clothing
Published by Nelson on January 23rd 2012 | Fashion
Published by Hughmitchem on July 18th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Aalia Bindal on April 6th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Jhones Kenly on March 30th 2012 | Clothing
Published by AngeloEverton on January 12th 2012 | Fashion
Published by Jhones Kenly on April 9th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Nelson on January 20th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Aalia Bindal on June 28th 2012 | Fashion
Published by Anirban on June 16th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Nelson on February 2nd 2012 | Clothing
Published by Okuniform on December 5th 2011 | Clothing
Published by Jhones Kenly on May 10th 2012 | Clothing
Published by Nelson on February 11th 2012 | Clothing
Published by AngeloEverton on January 13th 2012 | Fashion
Published by Nelson on January 25th 2012 | Clothing